The announcement of Telecomsat Cable TV, TSTV is hottest trending topic among Nigerians on social media, especially the micro-blogging platform Twitter. Nigerians are very happy seeing a local made Nigeria company come out to rival the dominance supremacy of DSTV and GoTV in Nigeria.
TSTV is offering cable TV services at a price that would definitely give so many of the incumbent Satelite TVs one or two sleepless nights, it also offers additional perks that are literarily breathtaking.
TSTV was launched on the 1st of October in Lagos, in a grand ceremony that welcomed numerous big names in the media as well as government officials.
In case you haven’t gotten the full memo yet, or still have some questions about TSTV, we’ve taking our time to bring you the top ten facts you need to know about the newly launched satellite TV.
Here Are 10 Amazing Facts You Should Know About TSTV
1: TSTV has around one hundred stations already which includes , Bein Sports, Kwese sports (where you can watch European league matches live), CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, NBC, Telenovela and so much more. They also promised the addition of more channels to the ones they already have on ground.
2: A TSTV decoder costs just N5,000 and it’s subscription ranges from a daily package of 200 naira to a maximum of 3,000 naira monthly plan.
3: TSTV offers a pay as you go service which gives you the ability to pause your subscription whenever you are not available to use it. However, the pause service is available only for the N3,000 naira monthly package and you would be able to pause your subscription for a maximun of seven days. The pay as you go services, unlike what most people assume can, therefore, last for a maximum of 37 days for a monthly package.
4:TSTV has 6 different subscription packages:
N200 – Daily
N500 – 3 days
N750 – Weekly
N1000 – 10 days
N1500 – 2 weeks
N3000 – monthly
5. You get 20gb of data when you do a N3,000 monthly subscription on your TSTV decoder for the first time, and get 10gb data sebsequently. (Now that is sweet, second only to coldstone ice-cream). You get 5gb data for N1500 – 2 weeks subscription, 3gb, 2gb, 1gb and 500mb for the N1000, N750, N500 and N200 subscription respectively. The data can be used on any device through mobile hotspot.
6. You can buy extra data on your TSTV decoder for as low as 1gb for N300
7. The allocation, unlike what most people think, is not meant for streaming programmes on TSTV. Your subscription guarantees you access to the multitude of channels available on TSTV, the data is what you’d call “a little icing on the cake.”
8. You can pay your TSTV subscription from the comfort of your home or office. TSTV has incorporated its subscription service payments into Quickteller, making it possible to easily pay for your TSTV subscriptions through Quickteller.
9. The TSTV decoder has an in-built Wi-Fi, up to 802.11ac, 1 GBit/s Ethernet and USB 3.0 interface. The decoder also has a built-in Bluetooth 4.0, RF for hybrid remote controls and support of Smart Home services via Zigbee/Thread standard. It also offers Multichannel video recording which is made possible by external SB 3.0 hard disks up to 50 Gigabyte capacity
10. The TSTV smart Decoders has the capacity to make video calls with other TSTV subscribers via Internet Proxy (IP).
You can get more details about TSTV on their official website.