Former governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) in the 2015 general election in Oyo-State, Engr Seyi Makinde has rejoined his former political party, Peoples Democratic Party, according to press statement released out by his spokesperson.
The successful Ibadan based businessman turned politician Engr Seyi Makinde, returns back to PDP, less down two weeks that National chairman of the party Senator Ahmed Makarfi and other leaders of the party visited him, Senator Rashidi Ladoja and political bigwigs in Ibadan.
According to statement released through his media office to Daily Post yesterday afternoon, disclosed his intention to move to the opposition party, PDP.
Makinde in the statement said: “following extensive, deep and wide consultations with National Leaders, Oyo State leaders and elders of the Social Democratic Party, and cross sections of strategic partners within Oyo state, I hereby announce my defection, with the entire Omititun campaign structures at the 33 local government areas in Oyo state, to the People Democratic Party”.
He further maintained joining the PDP was not for personal gains but for the development of the state by finding lasting solutions to the array of problems facing the state.
“This repositioning is not primarily to pursue his personal ambition but was largely informed by the resolution of all opposition parties in the state as contained in a recent communique signed by leaders of opposition parties to work together in Oyo state so as to find lasting solutions to the myriad challenges and underdevelopment facing Oyo citizens, such as Educational dysfunction and perennial failure, social and economic woes and lack of adequate security- all which are outcomes and consequences of the ineffective six years of the All progressives Congress rule in our state”.
Makinde said that he “is ready to proffer long lasting and far reaching solutions to salvage Oyo state from imminent collapse and needless crises that the current government has bestowed on our people.”
In the 2015 general election, Seyi Makinde contested for the biggest public office in state alongside with political heavyweights such as Alao Akala, Rashidi Ladoja, Teslim Folarin and Abiola Ajimobi, who eventually wins the election.
More from my site
- French Montana & Ty Dolla Sign Revamp Mr Eazi’s ” Leg Over ” Remix with Major Lazer with New Flavour - September 16, 2017
- Ice Prince Returns Back to His Hip-Hop Root in ” Owonikoko ” Featuring Olamide - September 16, 2017
- The Aristocrat Releases Visual for His ” Wo’s ” Viral Cover by Olamide, Directed by Mofti Pro - September 15, 2017
- Developing Story : Rising Star CKay Rides on the Free Publicity of ” Who The Fu**k Is CKay ” Hullabalu, As He Releases ” Who The Fu**k Is CKay ” EP - September 9, 2017
- Africa Must Rise, Perception Or Reality by Ogunmola Tope - September 7, 2017
- Developing Story : FreeMe Digital Releases Official Statement on Ycee & Micheal Ugwu Sony’s Saga ” No Current and Existing Contractual Relations with Ycee ” - September 6, 2017
- 2015 Oyo SDP Governorship Candidate, Seyi Makinde Returns Back to PDP - September 5, 2017
- After Back and Fought Twitter Fight, M.I Abaga’s Joined Osagie Alonge & Ayomide Tayo on Loose Talk Podcast - September 4, 2017
- From Olamide to Davido ! Is D’banj Calendar Faulty to Have Allegedly Claimed to Sign Davido in 2014 - September 1, 2017
- Sony Music Continues their Business Expansion in Africa with Singing of DJ Maphorisa - September 1, 2017