Former governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) in the 2015 general election in Oyo-State, Engr Seyi Makinde has rejoined his former political party, Peoples Democratic Party, according to press statement released out by his spokesperson.
The successful Ibadan based businessman turned politician Engr Seyi Makinde, returns back to PDP, less down two weeks that National chairman of the party Senator Ahmed Makarfi and other leaders of the party visited him, Senator Rashidi Ladoja and political bigwigs in Ibadan.
According to statement released through his media office to Daily Post yesterday afternoon, disclosed his intention to move to the opposition party, PDP.
Makinde in the statement said: “following extensive, deep and wide consultations with National Leaders, Oyo State leaders and elders of the Social Democratic Party, and cross sections of strategic partners within Oyo state, I hereby announce my defection, with the entire Omititun campaign structures at the 33 local government areas in Oyo state, to the People Democratic Party”.
He further maintained joining the PDP was not for personal gains but for the development of the state by finding lasting solutions to the array of problems facing the state.
“This repositioning is not primarily to pursue his personal ambition but was largely informed by the resolution of all opposition parties in the state as contained in a recent communique signed by leaders of opposition parties to work together in Oyo state so as to find lasting solutions to the myriad challenges and underdevelopment facing Oyo citizens, such as Educational dysfunction and perennial failure, social and economic woes and lack of adequate security- all which are outcomes and consequences of the ineffective six years of the All progressives Congress rule in our state”.
Makinde said that he “is ready to proffer long lasting and far reaching solutions to salvage Oyo state from imminent collapse and needless crises that the current government has bestowed on our people.”
In the 2015 general election, Seyi Makinde contested for the biggest public office in state alongside with political heavyweights such as Alao Akala, Rashidi Ladoja, Teslim Folarin and Abiola Ajimobi, who eventually wins the election.
More from my site
- DonYom Reflects on the Memories of His Late Father! SuperMan is in Town - October 21, 2017
- Nigerian Hip-Hop Lovers Reacts to M.I Abaga’s New Track, Where He Channel Other Rappers on Changing the Game & Culture - October 21, 2017
- Nigeria’s RapLord M.I & Chocolate City Sues American Rap Legend Nas for Delivering Wack Verse Despite What they Agreement Upon - October 20, 2017
- Rap Mogul M.I Abaga Fires with Machine Gun, As He Schools Every Rappers About the Game & Culture in New Single ” You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives “ - October 20, 2017
- Ace Comedian AY Makun and His Brothers Continue to Entertain Us, As they Announces Reality Show - October 19, 2017
- Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Tops Forbes Richest Sport Star of 2017 + Complete List of 20 Richest Sport Star of 2017 by Forbes - October 18, 2017
- Former Super Eagles Legend Kanu and His Wife Amarachi Takes Us on Couple’s Perfect Fitness Goals In Powerful Photo - October 18, 2017
- Adorable Beautiful Pictures of Alaafin Of Oyo’s Youngest Wife and Son’s, As they All Oozing in Royalty - October 18, 2017
- GYOnlineNGList : Meet 10 Most Handsome Politicians In Nigeria - October 18, 2017
- Nigerian Musicians Dominate MOBO Awards 2017 Nominees as Wizkid, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Tekno & Other Battle for ” Best African Act ” Category - October 17, 2017