Every year, we make a list of all the things we will love to do and how we would love to make a change. But of all these goals, the hardest to cross off the list might be that you wished you had travelled more. The New Year affords you another opportunity to gift yourself a lasting memory of some of the most captivating cities in the world.
Making a list is just never enough, you have to make appropriate plans as well. Planning allows you get rid of nervous tensions or anxiety, avoid overspending and make the most out of your travel experiences.
Here are some of the tips I picked from the interview to help you accomplish your travel goals in 2017
- Do not be in denial of your money situation:
Depending on your income, set up a dedicated saving account to help meet your travel goal. You will be surprised at how quickly it adds up to make a whooping sum of money. Declutter your home or wardrobe and get rid of anything that is unessential. Put them up for sale on an online market place and put the money straight into your dedicated savings account.
- Plan according to your budget:
Pick destinations within your budget and start planning. Making plans always get easier once you know what destinations you can or cannot afford. If you have an endless budget, good for you as there are endless possibilities just for you.
However, all hope isn’t lost for everyone else on a low budget. You just need to be more tactical about your travel plans. Consider going to an affordable destinations closer to your country, focus on places where the currency exchange leaves you at a considerable advantage or where local lifestyle is much affordable than back home.
- Explore your backyard:
Who ever said traveling mean going far away and for a long time? Explore nearby cities, visit ancient landmarks and museums or take a vacation to one of the best resorts in Nigeria. Enjoy a weekend getaway at La Campagne Tropicana Resort in Lagos or Sheraton hotel Abuja.
Get to know your own country and check off all the tourist attractions and sights on your list of things to see. Remember that awesome things are happening all around you and your travel goals might take flight if you start with a couple of “staycations”, enjoy and learn more about the place you call home.
- Make the most of long layovers:
Getting the longest layover possible is recommended as your fare is likely to be cheaper. Layovers can be a blessing, whether it’s for a few hours at the airport or a night’s stay in an unknown city, take advantage of that layover time to the fullest. Enjoy 2 trips for the price of 1, as it gives you the chance to get out of the airport and experience a middle destination ahead of your final one.
- Take advantage of your business trips:
Congratulations! If you are lucky enough to have a job that allows you travel. Going to a seminar in Tanzania, obviously doesn’t mean you’ll be spending the day at the beach or a game reserve. But if you have a bit of free time on your hand, enjoy a couple of touristy visits or even just hang out in a bustling city centre to feel the local vibe.
- Find the right travel buddy:
If travelling solo isn’t your thing, find a travel buddy with similar interest. This may inspire you to visit places that you have never heard of before. The right travel companion may not be your closest relative or spouse. It could be your colleague or a new friend. Once you’ve succeeded in finding your partner in travel, be sure to discuss interests, expectations and budget before traveling.
Photo by http://www.geodus.com/
Written by: Mariam Banwo Barry
More from my site
- Wizkid Announces Summer Mixtape ” Sound of The Other Side ” Releases Date - May 24, 2017
- Has Wizkid Dances His Way to Billboard Awards, Can He Win His First Ever Solo BET Awards 2017 - May 24, 2017
- Highlights as Drake, Celine Dion, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj Shine at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 23, 2017
- #FreeAudu : Audu Maikori Sues Gov El Rufia for N10billion Over Human Rights Violation - May 22, 2017
- New Music : Download Terry Apala — Bad Girl Ft. Bisola - May 22, 2017
- Drake Sweep Billboard Music Awards 2017 as Beyonce,, Twenty One Pilots, The Chainsmokers and Others Wins Big + Complete List of Winners at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Canadian-American Rapper Drake Made History as Biggest Winner at Billboard Music Awards 2017 in a Single Year - May 22, 2017
- Nigerian Music Superstar Wizkid Made History as First Ever Nigerian Artiste to Win Billboard Music Awards 2017 with Three Heaven - May 22, 2017
- Gov Fayose to Fly Body of Late Actress Moji Olaiya Back to Nigeria for Proper Burial - May 20, 2017
- Tiwa Savage’s Husband Teebillz Open Ups on Being a Better Man ” God Deliberately Made Me to Experience those Challenges in Order to Become a Better Person ” - May 20, 2017