Every year, we make a list of all the things we will love to do and how we would love to make a change. But of all these goals, the hardest to cross off the list might be that you wished you had travelled more. The New Year affords you another opportunity to gift yourself a lasting memory of some of the most captivating cities in the world.
Making a list is just never enough, you have to make appropriate plans as well. Planning allows you get rid of nervous tensions or anxiety, avoid overspending and make the most out of your travel experiences.
Here are some of the tips I picked from the interview to help you accomplish your travel goals in 2017
- Do not be in denial of your money situation:
Depending on your income, set up a dedicated saving account to help meet your travel goal. You will be surprised at how quickly it adds up to make a whooping sum of money. Declutter your home or wardrobe and get rid of anything that is unessential. Put them up for sale on an online market place and put the money straight into your dedicated savings account.
- Plan according to your budget:
Pick destinations within your budget and start planning. Making plans always get easier once you know what destinations you can or cannot afford. If you have an endless budget, good for you as there are endless possibilities just for you.
However, all hope isn’t lost for everyone else on a low budget. You just need to be more tactical about your travel plans. Consider going to an affordable destinations closer to your country, focus on places where the currency exchange leaves you at a considerable advantage or where local lifestyle is much affordable than back home.
- Explore your backyard:
Who ever said traveling mean going far away and for a long time? Explore nearby cities, visit ancient landmarks and museums or take a vacation to one of the best resorts in Nigeria. Enjoy a weekend getaway at La Campagne Tropicana Resort in Lagos or Sheraton hotel Abuja.
Get to know your own country and check off all the tourist attractions and sights on your list of things to see. Remember that awesome things are happening all around you and your travel goals might take flight if you start with a couple of “staycations”, enjoy and learn more about the place you call home.
- Make the most of long layovers:
Getting the longest layover possible is recommended as your fare is likely to be cheaper. Layovers can be a blessing, whether it’s for a few hours at the airport or a night’s stay in an unknown city, take advantage of that layover time to the fullest. Enjoy 2 trips for the price of 1, as it gives you the chance to get out of the airport and experience a middle destination ahead of your final one.
- Take advantage of your business trips:
Congratulations! If you are lucky enough to have a job that allows you travel. Going to a seminar in Tanzania, obviously doesn’t mean you’ll be spending the day at the beach or a game reserve. But if you have a bit of free time on your hand, enjoy a couple of touristy visits or even just hang out in a bustling city centre to feel the local vibe.
- Find the right travel buddy:
If travelling solo isn’t your thing, find a travel buddy with similar interest. This may inspire you to visit places that you have never heard of before. The right travel companion may not be your closest relative or spouse. It could be your colleague or a new friend. Once you’ve succeeded in finding your partner in travel, be sure to discuss interests, expectations and budget before traveling.
Photo by http://www.geodus.com/
Written by: Mariam Banwo Barry
More from my site
- Nigerian Rapper Falz Snag Juicy Endorsement Deal With Hennessy - October 22, 2017
- DonYom Reflects on the Memories of His Late Father! SuperMan is in Town - October 21, 2017
- Nigerian Hip-Hop Lovers Reacts to M.I Abaga’s New Track, Where He Channel Other Rappers on Changing the Game & Culture - October 21, 2017
- Nigeria’s RapLord M.I & Chocolate City Sues American Rap Legend Nas for Delivering Wack Verse Despite What they Agreement Upon - October 20, 2017
- Rap Mogul M.I Abaga Fires with Machine Gun, As He Schools Every Rappers About the Game & Culture in New Single ” You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives “ - October 20, 2017
- Ace Comedian AY Makun and His Brothers Continue to Entertain Us, As they Announces Reality Show - October 19, 2017
- Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Tops Forbes Richest Sport Star of 2017 + Complete List of 20 Richest Sport Star of 2017 by Forbes - October 18, 2017
- Former Super Eagles Legend Kanu and His Wife Amarachi Takes Us on Couple’s Perfect Fitness Goals In Powerful Photo - October 18, 2017
- Adorable Beautiful Pictures of Alaafin Of Oyo’s Youngest Wife and Son’s, As they All Oozing in Royalty - October 18, 2017
- GYOnlineNGList : Meet 10 Most Handsome Politicians In Nigeria - October 18, 2017