The 2face Foundation, owned by Legendary Nigerian pop star and social activist 2face Idibia who is part of the February 6th nationwide protest, has released official statement on the stand of the Lagos state police command and that the police hasn’t told them they are banning the protest.
Speaking exclusively to LIB this morning, 2face’s manager and an executive of 2face foundation, Efe Omoroge, said the police has not informed them that the planned protest has been banned.
“We have reached out to them. We are having conversations with them. I am not sure the news making the rounds about the protest is true. The feedback from the police authorities is quite different from that. I am not sure about the source of the police story and how true it is. The police has not told us they are banning the protest. We are in talks with them. They have not communicated that to us either in words, written form or body language. Maybe you should reach out to the police authorities to clarify their stance but on behalf of the 2face foundation, we do not think that is true because that is not the feedback we have received. We do not think the police will be telling us one thing and will be telling the media something else”he said
Asked if they have requested for a protest permit, Omorogbe said:
” We are actively engaging the police. Our protest is a controlled conversation. Our objectives are clear. 2baba is a peace ambassador. The 2face foundation’s primary focus is peace building and advocating for good governance. The protest is a citizens engagement. It is not an organized labor conversation. It is not pro or against anybody or religion. It is unrepresented”he said
Reacting to Blackface and other persons attacking the planned protest, Omorogbe said :
” Freedom of speech. It is a free country. The way I have the right to say the sun is quite high and I am feeling hot is the same way someone has the right to say the sun is quite high but I am cold”.
More from my site
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017
- Wizkid Takes Us On New Ride with Unreleased Video of ” Come Closer ” Without Drake - July 1, 2017
- American Rap God Jay-Z Drops 13th Studio Album “4:44”, Address Issues of Cheating on His Wife, Confirms that His Mother is Lesbian, Black Supremacy and Others - June 30, 2017