In a bid to attain financial stability, many search for proper investments with their income. Real estate is one of the most robust investment options, especially in the long run.
Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares 7 reasons you should take advantage of this robust investment option and invest in real estate.
It’s as Safe as Houses
“Safe as houses” is a popular slang in real estate that basically means real estate investments are perfectly safe because of the paying character of house property as an investment. Property value tends to increase without the volatility of the share market which makes it an all-round safer investment. When you factor in the return and risk associated with buying property and shares, property is considered a far safer investment.
It Doesn’t Need Specialist Knowledge
You don’t need specialist knowledge to start investing in real estate. It is easier to research than stock and shares. Understanding the stock market requires a lot of education as well as research brokers and fund managers to help.
Investing in property is however a lot simpler: it’s as simple as jumping online to start looking for properties from legitimate and registered realtors, real estate firms or property and real estate listing websites. A significant amount of research can be done online, by visiting open houses and auctions or contacting realtors and real estate firms – without needing to have vast specialist knowledge beforehand.
Technology Has Made Things Much Easier
Today, technology has made real estate investments a lot easier. For example, advertising your property is as simple as tweeting about it, sharing a post about it on Facebook or posting an ad on a property and real estate listing website like Jumia House, Nigeria Property Center etc. There’s so much technology readily available to real estate investors, that you can easily manage a portfolio of properties without really needing to leave your home all the time.
It’s a Remarkable Flexible Investment
With property, regardless of your financial aims you are mostly able to find an investment strategy that works for you. There’s the long-term capital growth strategy where in the long-term the property purchased delivers capital gain (provided the right area with correct supply/demand ratio and demographics is selected).
Then, there’s the positive cash flow strategy where you can rent out the property for cash flow. There’s also the adding value strategy where you can renovate, subdivide or even alter the use of an existing property to develop, create or increase the value of the property.
For property investments, once you’re done paying for the property and settling legal requirements, you directly own the asset and have virtually complete control over it. You can directly influence the asset worth (by adding value to it) and cash flow (e.g. by raising rent).
There’s an Investment for Every Budget
If you do some research you’ll see various offers from realtors and real estate firms offering affordable entry points for real estate investment. The only thing required is for your income flow to be stable enough to support payments in installments till you fully own the property. If you buy smartly, you can even expect equivalent or better growth on these affordable assets than more expensive assets.
A Few Years from Now You’ll Wish You Did
Investments typically take time before they yield large returns. This is why if you start today and invest smartly, you’ll be patting yourself on the back a couple of years from now for a job well done. To be honest, we are at a point where real estate investments just make sense.
But, like any other investment, please be sure to understand what you are doing and be diligent enough to do your work and research to find the 1-in-100 deals that make sense. Some suggestions on real estate companies to consider for this research are Elegant Court, WhiteBricks, Propertylink Real Estate Investment Limited, Cappa and D’Alberto PLC etc.
More from my site
- How OOU Final Year Student Dies in Car Accident, Months to Graduation - May 29, 2017
- 4 Reasons Lionel Messi is Most Overrated Player Of All Time - May 29, 2017
- Democracy Day : Here are Five Reason Buhari Should Resign as Nigeria’s President - May 29, 2017
- Happy Democracy Day to All GYonlineNG Readers - May 29, 2017
- Nigerian Musician Davido Called Out for Failing to Honour a Promise he Made on Poor Journalist ” The Wire Transfer, Davido & His Namesake Saga ” - May 27, 2017
- D’Prince is Here! Kokomaster D’banj Welcomes Baby Boy - May 26, 2017
- Twelve Years After Dropping Out, Mark Zuckerberg Bags Harvard Honourary Degree ” Mom I Always Told You I’d Come Back and Get My Degree ” - May 26, 2017
- Report : D’banj Reportedly Expecting A Child With His Wife In US - May 26, 2017
- Kcee Fires Shot at Harrysong Song-Writing Claims ” When I won Star Quest in 2002, Harrysong was Still in the Village ” - May 26, 2017
- Wizkid Announces Summer Mixtape ” Sound of The Other Side ” Releases Date - May 24, 2017