There are thousands of pictures online now that you find it difficult to determine if they are fake or original. No thanks to photoshop. You can now magically combine two different photographs and make it appear as an authentic photo. Unfortunately, the people who do this don’t think about the consequences of their actions as it can cause a serious uproar.
Since this is the case the in this tech-savvy world, it is essential to know if a photo has been tweaked, edited or tampered with. Jumia travel, the leading online travel agency shares some smart ways to check the authenticity of a photo.
Look at the Background
A photoshopped image always has a loophole no matter how perfect it appears. If you closely observe the background, you will see that there is something wrong with the picture. If the picture looks too curved or bent, then the image has been manipulated. There is no way an original photo will look that way.
Check the shadows and lighting
When an object has been added or removed from a real photo, the reflection and shadows will form as a result of the lighting. But graphic artists who are very good with Photoshop or Corel draw can hide this flaw. But still, all the reflection and shadows can’t disappear. You will know.
An original photo cannot be questioned. It is perfect. But with a photoshopped image, there will be minor errors. It is either one hand is bigger than the other or the shape is out of place. There is always a mistake even though it is not conspicuous sometimes.
Search for the photo’s metadata
Metadata is a set of data that describes and gives information about other data. You can get information about a photo’s metadata by checking online. You will get information about the software the photo was saved, the camera that took the photo and the editing tool used. If you cannot get this information it’s highly likely that the image is edited.
Do a reverse Google image search
The Google reverse image search helps you search for the original image of a photoshopped picture. If you find it, you can compare both photos and use it to determine the originality of a photo. It also works.
You can also use apps to check
Fotoforensics is one of the best software to know if a photo is fake or not. It gives very quickly to give results. The interesting thing about the app is that it doesn’t use metadata to decide a picture’s integrity.
In the case of Izitru, the app relies on metadata to authenticate an image. However, it has some limitations. It doesn’t say where the distortions were made on the photo. But you can still use it.
More from my site
- Wizkid Announces Summer Mixtape ” Sound of The Other Side ” Releases Date - May 24, 2017
- Has Wizkid Dances His Way to Billboard Awards, Can He Win His First Ever Solo BET Awards 2017 - May 24, 2017
- Highlights as Drake, Celine Dion, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj Shine at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 23, 2017
- #FreeAudu : Audu Maikori Sues Gov El Rufia for N10billion Over Human Rights Violation - May 22, 2017
- New Music : Download Terry Apala — Bad Girl Ft. Bisola - May 22, 2017
- Drake Sweep Billboard Music Awards 2017 as Beyonce,, Twenty One Pilots, The Chainsmokers and Others Wins Big + Complete List of Winners at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Canadian-American Rapper Drake Made History as Biggest Winner at Billboard Music Awards 2017 in a Single Year - May 22, 2017
- Nigerian Music Superstar Wizkid Made History as First Ever Nigerian Artiste to Win Billboard Music Awards 2017 with Three Heaven - May 22, 2017
- Gov Fayose to Fly Body of Late Actress Moji Olaiya Back to Nigeria for Proper Burial - May 20, 2017
- Tiwa Savage’s Husband Teebillz Open Ups on Being a Better Man ” God Deliberately Made Me to Experience those Challenges in Order to Become a Better Person ” - May 20, 2017