There are thousands of pictures online now that you find it difficult to determine if they are fake or original. No thanks to photoshop. You can now magically combine two different photographs and make it appear as an authentic photo. Unfortunately, the people who do this don’t think about the consequences of their actions as it can cause a serious uproar.
Since this is the case the in this tech-savvy world, it is essential to know if a photo has been tweaked, edited or tampered with. Jumia travel, the leading online travel agency shares some smart ways to check the authenticity of a photo.
Look at the Background
A photoshopped image always has a loophole no matter how perfect it appears. If you closely observe the background, you will see that there is something wrong with the picture. If the picture looks too curved or bent, then the image has been manipulated. There is no way an original photo will look that way.
Check the shadows and lighting
When an object has been added or removed from a real photo, the reflection and shadows will form as a result of the lighting. But graphic artists who are very good with Photoshop or Corel draw can hide this flaw. But still, all the reflection and shadows can’t disappear. You will know.
An original photo cannot be questioned. It is perfect. But with a photoshopped image, there will be minor errors. It is either one hand is bigger than the other or the shape is out of place. There is always a mistake even though it is not conspicuous sometimes.
Search for the photo’s metadata
Metadata is a set of data that describes and gives information about other data. You can get information about a photo’s metadata by checking online. You will get information about the software the photo was saved, the camera that took the photo and the editing tool used. If you cannot get this information it’s highly likely that the image is edited.
Do a reverse Google image search
The Google reverse image search helps you search for the original image of a photoshopped picture. If you find it, you can compare both photos and use it to determine the originality of a photo. It also works.
You can also use apps to check
Fotoforensics is one of the best software to know if a photo is fake or not. It gives very quickly to give results. The interesting thing about the app is that it doesn’t use metadata to decide a picture’s integrity.
In the case of Izitru, the app relies on metadata to authenticate an image. However, it has some limitations. It doesn’t say where the distortions were made on the photo. But you can still use it.
More from my site
- DonYom Reflects on the Memories of His Late Father! SuperMan is in Town - October 21, 2017
- Nigerian Hip-Hop Lovers Reacts to M.I Abaga’s New Track, Where He Channel Other Rappers on Changing the Game & Culture - October 21, 2017
- Nigeria’s RapLord M.I & Chocolate City Sues American Rap Legend Nas for Delivering Wack Verse Despite What they Agreement Upon - October 20, 2017
- Rap Mogul M.I Abaga Fires with Machine Gun, As He Schools Every Rappers About the Game & Culture in New Single ” You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives “ - October 20, 2017
- Ace Comedian AY Makun and His Brothers Continue to Entertain Us, As they Announces Reality Show - October 19, 2017
- Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Tops Forbes Richest Sport Star of 2017 + Complete List of 20 Richest Sport Star of 2017 by Forbes - October 18, 2017
- Former Super Eagles Legend Kanu and His Wife Amarachi Takes Us on Couple’s Perfect Fitness Goals In Powerful Photo - October 18, 2017
- Adorable Beautiful Pictures of Alaafin Of Oyo’s Youngest Wife and Son’s, As they All Oozing in Royalty - October 18, 2017
- GYOnlineNGList : Meet 10 Most Handsome Politicians In Nigeria - October 18, 2017
- Nigerian Musicians Dominate MOBO Awards 2017 Nominees as Wizkid, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Tekno & Other Battle for ” Best African Act ” Category - October 17, 2017