In the last six years, the star of Odunlade Adekola continues to shine ahead of his fellow colleagues in the Yoruba movie scene that led to insinuation that he’s using ” Juju ” to his rise to fame.
As part of setting the record straight, movie star reacts to the claim that he used ” Juju ” for his rise to fame in the Yoruba movie industry. He denies any involvement using ” Juju ” in recent interview with Premium Times.
PT: As an established actor, you have had a fair share of scandals?
Odunlade: Some elements have hijacked social media for their own mischievous gains. People just sit down and cook up stories simply because they want traffic, they want to make money. I think Nigerians need to get it right. It is not everything that is on social media that is factual. An entertainer who knows his craft should not be carried away with social media. This is because before social media, we have been in this industry. It is not social media that will bring us down. I have been in the industry for more than twenty years. So, social media cannot bring me down.
PT: …And the numerous death hoaxes?
Odunlade: I don’t know who else may have been responsible for them. But I know that someone somewhere has continued to cook up something negative to ridicule me and to make profit out of it. This is not good. I always say this, if you are engaged in any illicit practice just to bring food to your table, it will definitely backfire. It might not backfire today, but it will someday. We have a lot of journalists who write good things, who verify their information before publishing. And they are doing well. I am not bothered about the negative reports. I have said it and will say it again, social media will not bring me down because I predate social media, and all of us do.
PT: For a long time, a lot of people have attributed your meteoric rise to diabolic means. Do you feel any need to react to it?
Odunlade: I have reacted to it. I am a Christian. I was born in a Christian family. I grew up in a Christian home. As far as I am concerned, if you are in one level in this country and people have not said this thing about you, it means you have not gotten high enough. If you are a celebrity and you are bothered about what people write about you, it means you still need to pray very well for Baba God to take you higher. We are still praying. People have said Pastors use jazz. So, why would they not say the same thing about me? I am a Christian and I am still in Christ. I was born in Christ Apostolic Church and I still attend Christ Apostolic Church in Abeokuta. My dad is a former choirmaster in our church and he is now a pastor.
You can read the full interview with Premium Times here:
More from my site
- Nigeria’s RapLord M.I & Chocolate City Sues American Rap Legend Nas for Delivering Wack Verse Despite What they Agreement Upon - October 20, 2017
- Rap Mogul M.I Abaga Fires with Machine Gun, As He Schools Every Rappers About the Game & Culture in New Single ” You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives “ - October 20, 2017
- Ace Comedian AY Makun and His Brothers Continue to Entertain Us, As they Announces Reality Show - October 19, 2017
- Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Tops Forbes Richest Sport Star of 2017 + Complete List of 20 Richest Sport Star of 2017 by Forbes - October 18, 2017
- Former Super Eagles Legend Kanu and His Wife Amarachi Takes Us on Couple’s Perfect Fitness Goals In Powerful Photo - October 18, 2017
- Adorable Beautiful Pictures of Alaafin Of Oyo’s Youngest Wife and Son’s, As they All Oozing in Royalty - October 18, 2017
- GYOnlineNGList : Meet 10 Most Handsome Politicians In Nigeria - October 18, 2017
- Nigerian Musicians Dominate MOBO Awards 2017 Nominees as Wizkid, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Tekno & Other Battle for ” Best African Act ” Category - October 17, 2017
- Mixed Reactions as Nigerians Questions Jacobs Zuma Statue in Imo - October 17, 2017
- Where are the Defensive Genius Team as Pep Guardiola Keeps Winning Against All Odds by Jide Johnson Leoso - October 16, 2017