Former Nigeria’s vice-President, member of the ruling party and 2019 likely presidential candidate Alhaji Atiku Abubakar was reportedly meet former Nigeria president Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, according to ThisDay report.
According to the report, Atiku Abubakar meets Goodluck Jonathan over his plan of running for the post of presidency in the next general election comes 2019. The report further says that the meeting was part of strategy plan to lure back Atiku away from the All Progressive Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The PDP had reportedly for a while been making efforts to have Atiku return to the party, but the former vice president had given several conditions for his return, including that he be given an automatic ticket to represent the party at the 2019 presidential elections.
However, in a claim by a source, the meeting, called by Atiku, had Jonathan asking him to return early enough to fulfill certain provisions made by the PDP constitution. The source said:
Atiku was advised to return early to enable him to fulfill the eligibility condition in the party’s constitution and also have ample time to integrate his political structure into the PDP’s.
He was also reportedly advised that he stands a better chance with PDP, as APC has nothing left to offer him.
The source said:
He was told to note a recent comment by the APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, stating that as the incumbent, President Buhari had a right of first refusal even when the decision would have to be his.
That has been buoyed by Kaduna State Governor Nasir el-Rufai who had practically launched Buhari’s re-election campaign.
Thisday also reports that members of PDP are willing to sit back and have Atiku run for president with the party’s ticket, including Ekiti State governor Ayo Fayose, who already has declared his intention to run.
Fayose would be willing to run with Atiku as vice president, Thisday reports.
More from my site
- Nigerian Musicians Dominate MOBO Awards 2017 Nominees as Wizkid, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Tekno & Other Battle for ” Best African Act ” Category - October 17, 2017
- Mixed Reactions as Nigerians Questions Jacobs Zuma Statue in Imo - October 17, 2017
- Where are the Defensive Genius Team as Pep Guardiola Keeps Winning Against All Odds by Jide Johnson Leoso - October 16, 2017
- How the Death of Gen Victor Malu Divide Nigerians on Social Media Over True Definition of National Hero - October 15, 2017
- Photos: Veteran Music Producer, Puffy Tee Marries Gospel singer, Busola Oke ” Eleyele ” - October 14, 2017
- Photos from Fashion Designer Yomi Casual’s White Wedding in Lagos - October 14, 2017
- Davido Releases Official Statement on Tagbo’s Death Accusation + CCTV Footage to Clear His Hands on Tagbo’s Death - October 13, 2017
- Breaking News : Ladoja Confirms Return to PDP from Accord Party - October 12, 2017
- ” Love Battle ” On Mr.Time’s Smash Hit Titled ” Dark ” as Hennessy Artistry VS Class 2017 Finalists LuluRaps and Vader Gets Tamed in the Booth - October 12, 2017
- God Knows My Hands Are Clean on Tagbo’s Death — Davido - October 12, 2017