Apple Music Bagged an Exclusive Right for Katy Perry’s Olympics Theme Song
The battle for exclusive right of songs between leading music streaming platform is getting interesting as Apple Music get an exclusive right to Katy Perry upcoming single ” Rise ”, which will be an anthem for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in Brazil.
According to statement released out by Katy Perry says that releasing the track now was perfect timing.
This is a song that’s been brewing inside me for years, that has finally come to the surface. I was inspired to finish it now, rather than save it for my next album, because now more than ever, there is a need for our world to unite,”
“I know that together we can rise above the fear – in our country, and around the world. I can’t think of a better example than the Olympic athletes, as they gather in Rio with their strength and fearlessness, to remind us how we ALL can come together, with the resolve to be the best we can be. I hope this song can inspire us to heal, unite, and rise together. I am honored that NBC Olympics has chosen to use it as an anthem before and during the Rio Games.”
Over the past few months, Apple Music have had an opportunity to get the exclusive right to Snoop Dogg’s ‘Coolaid’ album, Drake’s ‘Views’ album, alongside with the rapper’s global hit, ‘Hotline Bling.’ They also bagged an exclusive right to an up-and-coming band signed to Drake’s label — DVSN and Chance the Rapper’s ‘Coloring Book’ mixtape were exclusively released on the platform.
On the other angle, Tidal have exclusive right to Rihanna’s ” ANTI ” album, Kanye West‘s ” Life of Pablo ” album and recently to Beyonce‘s ” Lemonade ” album.
According to latest report by the company says that Apple Music has 15 million subscribers, (half the amount of Spotify’s paying users) Apple Music has been amping up its efforts to keep up with its major rival.
The service has been gaining subscribers at an unprecedented rate, so perhaps high-profile exclusives are all it takes for Apple to overtake Spotify.
Photo Credit: Associate Press
More from my site
- I’M the Most Supportive Rapper in History of African Hip-Hop — M.I Abaga - October 23, 2017
- Peter Okoye Launches Solo Career by Sampling on Mya’s & Blackstreet ” Take Me There ” Song on ” Cool It Down “ - October 23, 2017
- Tillaman Reveals Why He Left Shina Peller’s Record Label - October 23, 2017
- Rapper A-Q Takes Us On Journey of How Nightlife Looks Like Along ” Lekki Express Way ” with Wavy the Creator - October 23, 2017
- Tagbo’s Death : Member’s of Davido’s Crew Reveals Why they Dump Tagbo at General Hospital - October 23, 2017
- Nigerian Rapper Falz Snag Juicy Endorsement Deal With Hennessy - October 22, 2017
- DonYom Reflects on the Memories of His Late Father! SuperMan is in Town - October 21, 2017
- Nigerian Hip-Hop Lovers Reacts to M.I Abaga’s New Track, Where He Channel Other Rappers on Changing the Game & Culture - October 21, 2017
- Nigeria’s RapLord M.I & Chocolate City Sues American Rap Legend Nas for Delivering Wack Verse Despite What they Agreement Upon - October 20, 2017
- Rap Mogul M.I Abaga Fires with Machine Gun, As He Schools Every Rappers About the Game & Culture in New Single ” You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives “ - October 20, 2017