After several weeks of questions from insistent fans, sensational rapper Chance The Rapper has reveals that Apple Music paid a whooping prize of $500,000 last year for 2 weeks exclusive right of his then highly anticipated album ” Coloring Book ”.
The budding rapper Chance The Rapper made this known in a series of tweet posted on Twitter that leading music streaming platform Apple Music paid half a million dollars for a 2 week exclusive debut of his ” Coloring Book ” album in May of last year.
— Lil Chano From 79th (@chancetherapper) March 17, 2017
“That was the extent of my deal, after 2 weeks it was on SoundCloud for free. I needed the money and they’re all good people over there,” he continued on Twitter. “I just wanna remain transparent, folks out there without a deal need to know they’re doing everything right just keep at it… I think (an) artist can gain a lot from the streaming wars as long as they remain in control of their own product.”
“I feel like if I didn’t clear it up people would keep trying to discredit all the work we did to make Coloring Book what it became” he added
In its first week on Apple Music, ” Coloring Book ” earned 38,000 equivalent album units from a total of 57.3 million streams. The album debuted at No. 8 on Billboard’s 200 chart – the first streaming-only album to ever chart there. Six months later, Apple Music passed 20 million paid subscribers a year and a half after launching.
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017