Immediate past American president Barrack Obama and his adorable wife Michelle Obama has landed a record-breaking publishing deal with Penguin Random House for their forthcoming memoirs.
According to publishing company, both Barrack and Michelle Obama will writes the volume one of the memoirs. Reports says that Penguin Random House acquired the worldwide publication rights for the two books, were not disclosed, but Financial Times said the Obamas may have set a record deal in excess of $65million.
But in keeping with their past practice, the Obamas plan to donate a “significant portion of their author proceeds to charity,” including the Obama Foundation, the publisher said in a statement.
The deal followed a heated auction for global rights to the two books with bidding that reached more than $60 million, a record sum for U.S. presidential memoirs, the Financial Times reported, citing people with knowledge of the sales process.
By comparison, fellow Democrat and former President Bill Clinton earned $15 million for rights to his 2004 memoir “My Life” after he left office, while Obama’s immediate predecessor, Republican George W. Bush, reaped some $10 million from his book “Decision Points,” according to the Financial Times. Those books were published by Penguin Random House division Knopf and Crown, respectively.
Penguin Random House also published Obama’s three previous books — “Dreams of My Father,” “The Audacity of Hope,” “Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters.”
The company did not disclose the subject matter of the two forthcoming books, or a time frame for them to be published, but they will presumably cover Obama’s time in the White House as the first African-American U.S. president.
Among other publishers who bid on the Obama deal were HarperCollins, a unit of News Corp, and Simon & Schuster, owned by CBS Corp, the Financial Times said.
More from my site
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017
- Breaking : President Buhari Suffers Speech Impairement In The UK - June 20, 2017
- American Celebrity Power Couple Jay-Z and Beyoncé Welcomes Twins — Taye & Kehinde, Born Ahead of Time - June 20, 2017
- Foreign & Nigerian Banks Take Over Etisalat Nigeria Due to $1.72 billion Debt - June 20, 2017
- Moving to APC or Not, Misiliu Obanikoro Denies Report of Joining APC - June 20, 2017
- From Messi to Ronaldo, Now Jose Mourinho Accused of Tax Fraud in Spain - June 20, 2017