The largest digital music streaming platform in Africa continent Spinlet, with over 2 million downloads up till date have appointment his first ever International Standard Recording Code (ISRC) Manager in Nigeria by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), the organisation representing the recording industry internationally.
The status empowers Spinlet to assign unique ISRC codes to recordings on behalf of Spinlet clients including artists, labels, and other producers of sound and video recordings in Nigeria, in a move towards further standardization. It will also see the company engage with the recording industry to ensure that local practitioners further understand the benefits of the internationally standardised ISRC identifier.
Standardizing Track Identification
International Standard Recording Code is the international identification system for sound recordings and music video recordings. It is required by most digital distribution companies and download sites to sell content online. Each individual recording is given a unique 12-digit identification code based on country, registrant, and year, removing ambiguity and simplifying the management of rights when recordings are used across different formats, countries, distribution channels, and products.
Since the creation of the system, the International ISRC Agency has appointed National Agencies in 57 territories, and Spinlet is the first ever company in Nigeria to be given this status.
In 2014, for the very first time, digital music formats were reported to have generated more revenue globally than physical formats. The growth in digital, accelerated by the shift to streaming, means that digital royalty tracking in the music industry is becoming more important than ever before. Each ISRC gives a unique and permanent identifier for a specific recording, regardless of the format on which it appears (CD, audio file, etc.) and can be used to automatically identify recordings for royalty payments.
“International Standard Recording Code is hugely beneficial in music identification, particularly in digital,” said Nkiru Balonwu, CEO of Spinlet. “We have for some time now been looking at ways of adding value to the local music industry – and growing its capacity in terms of reach and standards. One of the ways we have previously done this is through seminars and workshops, which we will continue to hold, but today I am particularly proud to announce that Spinlet has been appointed as Nigeria’s first ever ISRC Manager, and look forward to helping to implement this valuable system.”
Spinlet is the largest music streaming and download platform in Africa with almost 2 million global downloads to date. The company is expanding internationally to increase its global reach and expanding its content offering to include original digital content.
For more information visit www.spinlet.com.
Credit: Africa Music Law
More from my site
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017
- Wizkid Takes Us On New Ride with Unreleased Video of ” Come Closer ” Without Drake - July 1, 2017
- American Rap God Jay-Z Drops 13th Studio Album “4:44”, Address Issues of Cheating on His Wife, Confirms that His Mother is Lesbian, Black Supremacy and Others - June 30, 2017