On Sunday evening, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari departs through the Abuja International Airport for London for his medical trip check-up. The absent of President Buhari from the country sees Vice-President Yemi Osibanjo acting in the capacity as Nigeria president.
During the plenary session today, Senate President Bukola Saraki reads the Buhari’s letter to the National Assembly saying he cannot determine the date of his return because only his doctors can clear him for return.
The letter said length of the President’s stay in London will be determined only by his doctors.While acting president Prof Yemi Osinbajo is expected to continue to coordinate the affairs of the country until President Buhari is allowed to return to Nigeria by his doctors.
There was however a moment of drama after the letter was read when a senator, Mao Ohabunwa faulted the position given to Osinbajo in the letter. Ohabunwa raised a point of order noting that there is no provision in the Nigerian constitution for a coordinating vice president as stated in the President’s letter.
However, Personal Assistant to President Buhari on new media Bashir Ahmad denied that there is a vacuum in the leadership of the country as indicated in the report.
More from my site
- Wizzy Lion of Africa! Wizkid Wins First Solo BET Awards 2017 Ahead of Davido, AKA and Others - June 24, 2017
- E-Money and I Problem is that We ShowOff and We are Not Into Any Illegal Business — Kcee - June 24, 2017
- Davido Shines At ” 30 Billion ” World Tour In Ulkraine - June 24, 2017
- Dammy Krane’s Issue Is a Case of Implication — 2Baba - June 23, 2017
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017
- Breaking : President Buhari Suffers Speech Impairement In The UK - June 20, 2017