A Nigerian music producer and founder of the leading contemporary music label Mavin Records, Don Jazzy has partner with Nigerian technology company Tsaboin to launch a free wifi service called Flobyt.
Both parties made the announcement in a press conference earlier today in Nigeria.
“Flobyt Wifi is a free, fast, reliable and easy to use wifi service across partner locations including; eateries, parks, taxis, buses, restaurants, and cafés,” said Dele Odufuye, CEO of Tsaboin, during the press conference. “The service is designed to replicate the ‘at home’ wifi experience, people are out and about,” he added.
What this means for the average Nigerian in Lagos, where Flobyt has just been unveiled, is that checking emails, uploading photos to Facebook, or funny Instagram videos can now be done, for free, on a smartphone or tablet. Odufuye also explained that the service permits 10-30 people to be connected, at once, to Flobyt at low trafficked partner venues, and 10-80 people can connect at once at higher trafficked venues.
“I believe so much in this. This is one of the few other investments we are going to be sharing with you,” said Don Jazzy during the press conference. “I have been on social media for a long time. I know how expensive data is. I give free airtime, now it’s time to give free WiFi,” he added.
Flobyt is installed at the following locations in Lagos:
Bar Enclave, Ilupeju;
Lounge 9a, Anthony;
Massimo Bar, Ikeja;
Grace’s Cakes, Ogba;
Jazzment Salon Lekki;
Kayz Place Barbershop, Lekki;
Amala Express, Lekki;
White House, Sabo, Yaba; and
Road Star Burger, Lekki.
You can also watch a video released (December last year) demonstrating the use of the service and another video with some of Don Jazzy’s remarks at the press conference today:
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017