Nigerian pop singer Wizkid becomes latest signee for RCA Records, which is a baby sister company to Sony Music, releases visual of his ” Come Closer ” single with Canadian-American rap star Drake.
Ever since the official single was released through the RCA Records distribution channel, it has gained traction in the music arena, but the visual of the video makes it more huge success because its records 1 million views on YouTube within 24 hours of its released.
However, the major talking point of the ” Come Closer ” video was the absent of Drake. Veteran Nigerian entertainment journalist and Editor-In-Chief of Pulse Nigeria, Osagie Alonge, address the influence of Drake in Wizkid‘s ambition of tapping into the US market on this episode of his Facts Only with Osagie Alonge.
Osagie Alonge on a new episode of Facts Only describes the video directed by a Nigerian named Daps as brilliantly minimalistic, with beautifully African themed dressing by the vixens in the video.
On Drake’s absence, Osagie says “Maybe Drake didn’t see Wizkid as a priority, but I need Nigerians, Wizkid fans to focus on the positives, the video gathered over a million views under 24 hours,” adding that Drake has already given Wizkid a platform with ‘Ojuelegba’, ‘One dance’ and now ‘Come closer’, which the Nigerian pop star has utilized rightly so to create more openings for himself in the industry.
Can Wizkid Conquer the US Market Without Drake Influence? | Facts Only with Osagie Alonge
Wizkid’s music direction going forward to break into the North American music market was then discussed among other talk involving Nigerian music.
Watch to get the full scoop on this insightful episode of Facts Only with Osagie and Ayomide Tayo.
More from my site
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017
- Wizkid Takes Us On New Ride with Unreleased Video of ” Come Closer ” Without Drake - July 1, 2017
- American Rap God Jay-Z Drops 13th Studio Album “4:44”, Address Issues of Cheating on His Wife, Confirms that His Mother is Lesbian, Black Supremacy and Others - June 30, 2017