Nigerian pop singer Wizkid becomes latest signee for RCA Records, which is a baby sister company to Sony Music, releases visual of his ” Come Closer ” single with Canadian-American rap star Drake.
Ever since the official single was released through the RCA Records distribution channel, it has gained traction in the music arena, but the visual of the video makes it more huge success because its records 1 million views on YouTube within 24 hours of its released.
However, the major talking point of the ” Come Closer ” video was the absent of Drake. Veteran Nigerian entertainment journalist and Editor-In-Chief of Pulse Nigeria, Osagie Alonge, address the influence of Drake in Wizkid‘s ambition of tapping into the US market on this episode of his Facts Only with Osagie Alonge.
Osagie Alonge on a new episode of Facts Only describes the video directed by a Nigerian named Daps as brilliantly minimalistic, with beautifully African themed dressing by the vixens in the video.
On Drake’s absence, Osagie says “Maybe Drake didn’t see Wizkid as a priority, but I need Nigerians, Wizkid fans to focus on the positives, the video gathered over a million views under 24 hours,” adding that Drake has already given Wizkid a platform with ‘Ojuelegba’, ‘One dance’ and now ‘Come closer’, which the Nigerian pop star has utilized rightly so to create more openings for himself in the industry.
Can Wizkid Conquer the US Market Without Drake Influence? | Facts Only with Osagie Alonge
Wizkid’s music direction going forward to break into the North American music market was then discussed among other talk involving Nigerian music.
Watch to get the full scoop on this insightful episode of Facts Only with Osagie and Ayomide Tayo.
More from my site
- Founder of Bella Naija, Uche Pedro Takes Us On Memory Lane On Her Struggles Becoming A Mother - November 24, 2017
- GYOnlineNG Artist Spotlight : New Artist DonYom Cracks The Code As He Climbs To The Top - November 23, 2017
- Social Media: Nigerian Agency BHM Trains 70 Journalists In Lagos - November 23, 2017
- 7 Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Have Had Plastic Surgery - November 23, 2017
- How Juliet Ibrahim And Iceberg Slim Respond To Their Engagement Reports - November 23, 2017
- At 26, Rita Ora Has Already Frozen Her Eggs But Here’s Why - November 23, 2017
- More Win! Davido Headlines as Only African Artiste to Perform at 2017 MOBO Awards - November 23, 2017
- Wande Coal Reportedly Ties The Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Secretly - November 23, 2017
- Peter Okoye Reveals Main Reason Why He Decided To Go Solo - November 23, 2017
- COZA Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo Rock N465,920 Gucci Hoodie - November 23, 2017