Chocolate City Group has announced and also unveiled Ice Prince‘s record label Super Cool Cats and Jesse Jagz‘s JagzNation as record label company under the imprint of Chocolate City Music label.
This approach made them first African record label company that will follow the footsteps of of international heavy weights record label companies such as Universal Music, Warner Bros and Sony Music Group as a major record label. The newly label are owned and also headed by Ice Prince and Jesse Jagz respectively.
Reacting to the departure of Ice Prince and Jesse Jagz from Chocolate City Music, MI Abaga said,
‘It’s not a destruction of Chocolate City, but an investment in the two new imprints towards building an empire. This announcement has been in the works for months and it is easier for both prolific artistes to keep up with the pace of their creativity when under their own independent labels’.
A press conference was held early hours of today with selected media house correspondent, the press conference was anchored by VJ Ehiz of MTV Base.
At a press conference held today to announce the new structure, Chocolate City Music CEO – Jude “MI” Abaga, answered the questions of an impressive gathering of press men and tackled live questions from fans on social media who were keen to know how the relationship between Chocolate City Music, Ice Prince and Jesse Jagz would unfold going forward.
The press were eager to know about the breaking away of two of the most popular artistes on the label, to which MI replied by saying it was not a destruction of Chocolate City, but an investment in the two new imprints towards building an empire emphasizing that this announcement has been in the works for months and it is easier for both prolific artistes to keep up with the pace of their creativity when under their own independent labels.
According to Ice Prince “Super Cool Cats is beyond a music label, as we are already working with fashion designers, video directors etc.; it is in fact a full platform for different expressions of the arts” He also mentioned that he is already working on an urban line with Seyi Sanusi popularly known as “Sneaker Boy”. Jesse Jagz was cool, calm and all smiles as he told the press that being an artist under a large label limits his creativity, but that having his own record label gives him more creative freedom and control on his content.
MI, who gave an illustration of the relationship between Aftermath Entertainment, Records, Shady Records and G Unit Records, encouraged the press to do more research on music labels globally to find out how well structured and diverse they all are. He also responded to a question that he is still a recording artiste and has been in the studio working on new singles and an album to be released very soon.
MI wrapped up the conference by responding to a fan tweet about Milli’s exit; explaining that the rapper was not dropped from the label, but left amicably and that Milli will be in the best position to answer about what he is up to now.
Photo Credit: Press
Press Report Credit: Joey Akan of Pulse Nigeria
More from my site
- D’Prince is Here! Kokomaster D’banj Welcomes Baby Boy - May 26, 2017
- Twelve Years After Dropping Out, Mark Zuckerberg Bags Harvard Honourary Degree ” Mom I Always Told You I’d Come Back and Get My Degree ” - May 26, 2017
- Report : D’banj Reportedly Expecting A Child With His Wife In US - May 26, 2017
- Kcee Fires Shot at Harrysong Song-Writing Claims ” When I won Star Quest in 2002, Harrysong was Still in the Village ” - May 26, 2017
- Wizkid Announces Summer Mixtape ” Sound of The Other Side ” Releases Date - May 24, 2017
- Has Wizkid Dances His Way to Billboard Awards, Can He Win His First Ever Solo BET Awards 2017 - May 24, 2017
- Highlights as Drake, Celine Dion, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj Shine at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 23, 2017
- #FreeAudu : Audu Maikori Sues Gov El Rufia for N10billion Over Human Rights Violation - May 22, 2017
- New Music : Download Terry Apala — Bad Girl Ft. Bisola - May 22, 2017
- Drake Sweep Billboard Music Awards 2017 as Beyonce,, Twenty One Pilots, The Chainsmokers and Others Wins Big + Complete List of Winners at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 22, 2017