Chocolate City Group has announced and also unveiled Ice Prince‘s record label Super Cool Cats and Jesse Jagz‘s JagzNation as record label company under the imprint of Chocolate City Music label.
This approach made them first African record label company that will follow the footsteps of of international heavy weights record label companies such as Universal Music, Warner Bros and Sony Music Group as a major record label. The newly label are owned and also headed by Ice Prince and Jesse Jagz respectively.
Reacting to the departure of Ice Prince and Jesse Jagz from Chocolate City Music, MI Abaga said,
‘It’s not a destruction of Chocolate City, but an investment in the two new imprints towards building an empire. This announcement has been in the works for months and it is easier for both prolific artistes to keep up with the pace of their creativity when under their own independent labels’.
A press conference was held early hours of today with selected media house correspondent, the press conference was anchored by VJ Ehiz of MTV Base.
At a press conference held today to announce the new structure, Chocolate City Music CEO – Jude “MI” Abaga, answered the questions of an impressive gathering of press men and tackled live questions from fans on social media who were keen to know how the relationship between Chocolate City Music, Ice Prince and Jesse Jagz would unfold going forward.
The press were eager to know about the breaking away of two of the most popular artistes on the label, to which MI replied by saying it was not a destruction of Chocolate City, but an investment in the two new imprints towards building an empire emphasizing that this announcement has been in the works for months and it is easier for both prolific artistes to keep up with the pace of their creativity when under their own independent labels.
According to Ice Prince “Super Cool Cats is beyond a music label, as we are already working with fashion designers, video directors etc.; it is in fact a full platform for different expressions of the arts” He also mentioned that he is already working on an urban line with Seyi Sanusi popularly known as “Sneaker Boy”. Jesse Jagz was cool, calm and all smiles as he told the press that being an artist under a large label limits his creativity, but that having his own record label gives him more creative freedom and control on his content.
MI, who gave an illustration of the relationship between Aftermath Entertainment, Records, Shady Records and G Unit Records, encouraged the press to do more research on music labels globally to find out how well structured and diverse they all are. He also responded to a question that he is still a recording artiste and has been in the studio working on new singles and an album to be released very soon.
MI wrapped up the conference by responding to a fan tweet about Milli’s exit; explaining that the rapper was not dropped from the label, but left amicably and that Milli will be in the best position to answer about what he is up to now.
Photo Credit: Press
Press Report Credit: Joey Akan of Pulse Nigeria
More from my site
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017
- Reekado Banks to Hold his ” Thank You Concert ” at Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Organisers of Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 Unveils Activities for this Year Festival - November 15, 2017
- Meet Yvonne Nelson’s Baby Daddy, Who Is A British Photographer - November 15, 2017
- American Singer August Alsina Blasts his Record Label in Twitter Rant ” Tell My Trash Record Label Def Jam to Free Me ” - November 15, 2017
- 5 Points To Protect Your Website From Hackers - November 15, 2017
- Internet Went Frenzy as Wizkid Subtly Use Simi To Shade Davido - November 14, 2017