On 10th of April, 2017, Africa’s richest man and Founder/President of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote cloaks 60 and to celebrate this iconic great industrialist of our time, GYOnlineNG.COM, appropriate reflect on some of the thoughts of Africa’s richest man who has continued to inspire a generation of young entrepreneurs.
Leading American Magazine, Forbes ranked Alhaji Aliko Dangote as the 67th richest person in the world and the richest person in Africa. Although in 2017, he dropped out of the top 100 richest people in the world due to devaluation Naira against Dollar in international market, yet he is still in the top 105.
Below are some of his quotes that should inspire you: Dangote at 60 : 14 Powerful Quote from Dangote that Will Inspire & Change Your Life Forever
1. “To succeed in business, you must build a brand and never destroy it. One competitive advantage I had when I ventured into manufacturing was my brand “Dangote,” which I diligently built in the course of my trading commodities.”
2. “You could easily tell that hard work and perseverance go hand in hand with patience. We often hear people say patience is worth it, yet we don’t practice it. I did and look how well it worked out for me.”
3 .”After my death, I want to be remembered as Africa’s greatest industrialist.”
4. “Endeavor to work as hard as possible to attain a new aim with each day that comes by. Don’t go.”
5. “Every morning when I wake up, I make up my mind to solve as many problems, before retiring home.”
6. “Don’t kill the competition. Competition is healthy for businesses. It keeps you the entrepreneur on your toes.”
Dangote at 60 : 14 Powerful Quotes from Dangote that Will Inspire & Change Your Life Forever
7. “To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big.”
8. “When you have made it in life, you must give back to those who made you.”
9. “Let me tell you this and I want to really emphasize it…nothing is going to help Nigeria like Nigerians bringing back their money. If you give me $5 billion today, I will invest everything here in Nigeria. Let us put our heads together and work.”
10. “I enjoy myself a lot but I derive more joy in working. I believe in hard work and one of my business success secrets is hard work. It’s hard to see a youth that will go to bed by 2am and wake up by 5am. I don’t rest until I achieve something.”
11. “Manufacture, don’t just trade. There is money in manufacturing even though it is capital intensive. To achieve a big breakthrough, I had to start manufacturing the same product I was trading on; which is commodities.”
12. “Africa’s risks are mainly perceived and not real. Unfortunately for us in Africa we are not really very good at telling our own story. But things are changing and people are beginning to understand that things are going very, very well.”
13. “I built a conglomerate and emerged the richest black man in the world in 2008 but it didn’t happen overnight. It took me 30 years to get to where I am today.
14. “Youths of today aspire to be like me but they want to achieve it overnight. It’s not going to work. To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big. In the journey of entrepreneurship, tenacity of purpose is supreme.”