On 29th of August 2017, Nigerian rapper and Tinny Entertainment lead act Ycee openly attack Sony Music’s general manager in west-Africa Micheal Ugwu of ” fraud & theft ” for ripping-off artist hard-earn money through his FreeMe Digital, a music distribution channel.
Though, the Sony Music‘s executive Ugwu in Africa has responded to the openly call out attack by the ” Juice ” crooner Ycee on Twitter. But to clear the perception of un-professional business approach by the FreeMe Digital toward creative artists, the company has released an official statement regarding the Ycee v. Michael Ugwu Sony‘s social media brouhaha.
Here is the official press statement below :
Following the series of occurrences that have transpired on social media since Tuesday 29th August 2017 between Ycee of Tinny Entertainment and Michael Ugwu of Sony Music Entertainment; this is our position.
Freeme Digital had a distribution agreement with Ycee which was signed in November 2015 and was terminated in April 2016 with effect from June 2016. This wasn’t on the basis of any feud whatsoever as Ycee still featured on FreemeTV’s ZoneOut Sessions even after the termination of his contract.
His EP “The First Wave” which was released in April 2017 was solely between his management and Sony Music and we, Freeme Digital were not involved in that deal. We were never, and are still not partnering with Sony Music on any of its recording and/or distribution deals with artistes, and we definitely have no current and existing contractual relations with Ycee or his team. Anything and everything that happened between Freeme Digital and Ycee after the expiration of his contract was on the basis of a cordial industry relationship, NOTHING MORE.
We are aware that several assumptions and baseless propaganda have been flying in the media as expected but we have chosen to respond to it as it is and call it by its real name – Baseless.
Freeme Digital is Nigeria’s foremost online digital music distribution network with a growing array of artists, labels, comedians and content creators across the region on our platform with radio rights to all content licensed so unsubstantiated disputes like this don’t come as a surprise. We work hard to offer world-class services in our industry and in this sub-region so unfounded arguments though common with the industry never stay on us. This dispute is between Tinny entertainment and Sony Music Entertainment; Freeme Digital has no part in it.
Head, Digital Marketing and PR
As the situation unfold, we’re waiting for official statement from Ycee’s management on this issue.
More from my site
- Nigerian Rapper Falz Snag Juicy Endorsement Deal With Hennessy - October 22, 2017
- DonYom Reflects on the Memories of His Late Father! SuperMan is in Town - October 21, 2017
- Nigerian Hip-Hop Lovers Reacts to M.I Abaga’s New Track, Where He Channel Other Rappers on Changing the Game & Culture - October 21, 2017
- Nigeria’s RapLord M.I & Chocolate City Sues American Rap Legend Nas for Delivering Wack Verse Despite What they Agreement Upon - October 20, 2017
- Rap Mogul M.I Abaga Fires with Machine Gun, As He Schools Every Rappers About the Game & Culture in New Single ” You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives “ - October 20, 2017
- Ace Comedian AY Makun and His Brothers Continue to Entertain Us, As they Announces Reality Show - October 19, 2017
- Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Tops Forbes Richest Sport Star of 2017 + Complete List of 20 Richest Sport Star of 2017 by Forbes - October 18, 2017
- Former Super Eagles Legend Kanu and His Wife Amarachi Takes Us on Couple’s Perfect Fitness Goals In Powerful Photo - October 18, 2017
- Adorable Beautiful Pictures of Alaafin Of Oyo’s Youngest Wife and Son’s, As they All Oozing in Royalty - October 18, 2017
- GYOnlineNGList : Meet 10 Most Handsome Politicians In Nigeria - October 18, 2017