Dino Melaye Certificate Scandal : Publisher of Sahara Reporters ” Sowore Will go to Jail I Promise ” as Dino Melaye Result Surface OnlineOutspoken and controversial Nigeria lawmaker Senator Dino Melaye has been embroiled in certificate scandal lately. Earlier this week, New York based online news medium site Sahara Reporter, reported that Examination Officers at Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria where Senator Dino Melaye was said to have graduated from, disclosed that Melaye’s name was not in the graduating set of 1998/99 session
It alleged that Melaye failed some courses but bribed his Head of Department, one David Ogbonna, to forge his transcripts and certificates. In a swift reaction, Melaye said on Twitter that he is currently in ABU pursuing his seventh degree.
He also shared photos from his NYSC days in Kaduna and a copy of his “MSc project” in ABU.
Melaye claimed that he had degrees from Harvard University and London School of Economics and Political Science. However, both schools have deniwd awarding Melaye any degree. Harvard University said Melaye only completed a week-long leadership seminar in November 2016.
Melaye, on Thursday, also filed a N5bn libel lawsuit against Sahara Reporters and Sowore.
In a similar development, Melaye’s Statement of Results obtained by PUNCH revealed that the senator graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (Geography) from ABU.
He filed a “Cyberstalling Petition” to the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris against online news medium Sahara Reporters and its Publisher Omoyele Sowore.
Melaye who posted a photo of the document on Twitter said: “Sowore will go to jail I promise”.
See Petition :
The statement was signed by B.B. Mshelthlila from the Office of the Registrar, Academic Office.
The document also revealed that Melaye graduated with a Third Class.
However, checks at the university revealed that it only offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Geography and not Bachelor of Arts.
There are discrepancies in the spelling of Melaye’s name in some of his academic credentials.
In his Statement of result, his name was given as “Daniel Jonah MELAYE”. His name was given as “Melaye Daniel” in his NYSC discharge certificate.
The name on his Diploma from University of Jos read “Daniel Dino Melaye”. Melaye possesses an Advanced Diploma in Law, Security and Conflict Resolution from the institution.
Melaye’s name was wrongly spelt in his Senior School Certificate in 1992. It read “Melaiye Daniel Jonah O.”
￼PUNCH reports that Melaye had “P8 in English Language, P8 in Mathematics, P8 in Geography, P8 in Chemistry, C5 in Christian Religious Knowledge, P7 in Economics, C6 in Biology and B3 in Agric Science,” in his Senior School Examination.
The university had said they will make their position known concerning the matter on Wednesday, but are yet to do so as at press time.
When Adamu Mohammed, the Information Officer at ABU was contacted in Friday evening concerning the school’s position which they are yet to disclose, he said: “Please, this is not official time; call me tomorrow, thank you, goodnight.” He dropped the call afterwards.
More from my site
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017
- Breaking : President Buhari Suffers Speech Impairement In The UK - June 20, 2017
- American Celebrity Power Couple Jay-Z and Beyoncé Welcomes Twins — Taye & Kehinde, Born Ahead of Time - June 20, 2017
- Foreign & Nigerian Banks Take Over Etisalat Nigeria Due to $1.72 billion Debt - June 20, 2017
- Moving to APC or Not, Misiliu Obanikoro Denies Report of Joining APC - June 20, 2017
- From Messi to Ronaldo, Now Jose Mourinho Accused of Tax Fraud in Spain - June 20, 2017