The embattled husband of the Nollywood actress Mercy Aigbe, Lanre Gentry has open ups on life in Kirikiri Prison. The Lagos based society Lanre Gentry was embroiled in domestic violence of beating his wife, but his wife’s decision to send him there made it easy for his observation to be made.
The Lagos based hotelier spend 7 days in Kirikiri prison but was released on Tuesday, after he was taken into custody by the police on a two-count charge of Assault and Battery, expressed disappointment at the government over the state of the prison.
According to him, he said the government should not focus on issues like domestic violence, but work towards making the prisons better, especially as inmates there die everyday.
‘I think this place should be a rehabilitation centre and not a dumping ground,’ Gentry said, adding, ‘Over 3,600 prisoners where we are meant to have just 1,500. Prisoners are now more or less like [beggars].’
More from my site
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017
- Reekado Banks to Hold his ” Thank You Concert ” at Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Organisers of Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 Unveils Activities for this Year Festival - November 15, 2017
- Meet Yvonne Nelson’s Baby Daddy, Who Is A British Photographer - November 15, 2017
- American Singer August Alsina Blasts his Record Label in Twitter Rant ” Tell My Trash Record Label Def Jam to Free Me ” - November 15, 2017
- 5 Points To Protect Your Website From Hackers - November 15, 2017
- Internet Went Frenzy as Wizkid Subtly Use Simi To Shade Davido - November 14, 2017