The embattled husband of the Nollywood actress Mercy Aigbe, Lanre Gentry has open ups on life in Kirikiri Prison. The Lagos based society Lanre Gentry was embroiled in domestic violence of beating his wife, but his wife’s decision to send him there made it easy for his observation to be made.
The Lagos based hotelier spend 7 days in Kirikiri prison but was released on Tuesday, after he was taken into custody by the police on a two-count charge of Assault and Battery, expressed disappointment at the government over the state of the prison.
According to him, he said the government should not focus on issues like domestic violence, but work towards making the prisons better, especially as inmates there die everyday.
‘I think this place should be a rehabilitation centre and not a dumping ground,’ Gentry said, adding, ‘Over 3,600 prisoners where we are meant to have just 1,500. Prisoners are now more or less like [beggars].’
More from my site
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017
- Wizkid Takes Us On New Ride with Unreleased Video of ” Come Closer ” Without Drake - July 1, 2017
- American Rap God Jay-Z Drops 13th Studio Album “4:44”, Address Issues of Cheating on His Wife, Confirms that His Mother is Lesbian, Black Supremacy and Others - June 30, 2017