The embattled husband of the Nollywood actress Mercy Aigbe, Lanre Gentry has open ups on life in Kirikiri Prison. The Lagos based society Lanre Gentry was embroiled in domestic violence of beating his wife, but his wife’s decision to send him there made it easy for his observation to be made.
The Lagos based hotelier spend 7 days in Kirikiri prison but was released on Tuesday, after he was taken into custody by the police on a two-count charge of Assault and Battery, expressed disappointment at the government over the state of the prison.
According to him, he said the government should not focus on issues like domestic violence, but work towards making the prisons better, especially as inmates there die everyday.
‘I think this place should be a rehabilitation centre and not a dumping ground,’ Gentry said, adding, ‘Over 3,600 prisoners where we are meant to have just 1,500. Prisoners are now more or less like [beggars].’
More from my site
- Forget Wizkid and Davido! Olamide Is Nigeria’s Highest Paid Artist — Alex Ozone - September 25, 2017
- Beat FM Lagos, OAP Toolz Oniru Confirms Pregnancy Loss With New Photos - September 25, 2017
- Kim Kardashian Revealed Epic Revelation How She Fell In Love with Kanye West - September 25, 2017
- Singer Skales Revealed Amazing Secret How Olamide Saves His Career - September 25, 2017
- Copy Of The Legal Termination Letter Peter Okoye Sent To Their Lawyer, Festus Keyamo Over P-Square Split Contractual Agreement - September 25, 2017
- P-Square is Over! The Untold Truth Behind Peter and Paul Okoye Split Saga - September 25, 2017
- The Aristocrat Out With Another Danceable Song ” Funaab Girl ” (Freesyle) + Download The Aristocrat — Funaab Girl (Freestyle) Ft Bravoor - September 23, 2017
- Have You Ever Forget What It Feels Like to Be In Love, Tiwa Savage Will Remind You In Her Sugarcane EP - September 22, 2017
- Which Nigerian Artistes Had the Best International Music Collaboration in 2017 - September 21, 2017
- From Mr Eazi to Davido, Now D’banj! Eedris Abdulkareem Had Harsh Words for D’Banj, While Glorified Don Jazzy - September 21, 2017