The embattled husband of the Nollywood actress Mercy Aigbe, Lanre Gentry has open ups on life in Kirikiri Prison. The Lagos based society Lanre Gentry was embroiled in domestic violence of beating his wife, but his wife’s decision to send him there made it easy for his observation to be made.
The Lagos based hotelier spend 7 days in Kirikiri prison but was released on Tuesday, after he was taken into custody by the police on a two-count charge of Assault and Battery, expressed disappointment at the government over the state of the prison.
According to him, he said the government should not focus on issues like domestic violence, but work towards making the prisons better, especially as inmates there die everyday.
‘I think this place should be a rehabilitation centre and not a dumping ground,’ Gentry said, adding, ‘Over 3,600 prisoners where we are meant to have just 1,500. Prisoners are now more or less like [beggars].’
More from my site
- NANA Menthol Supports The Youth Summit Africa, as Event Design to be Different in Terms of Content and Activities - June 26, 2017
- Wizzy Lion of Africa! Wizkid Wins First Solo BET Awards 2017 Ahead of Davido, AKA and Others - June 24, 2017
- E-Money and I Problem is that We ShowOff and We are Not Into Any Illegal Business — Kcee - June 24, 2017
- Davido Shines At ” 30 Billion ” World Tour In Ulkraine - June 24, 2017
- Dammy Krane’s Issue Is a Case of Implication — 2Baba - June 23, 2017
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017