In less down few days ago, a report surface online that Nigeria’s leading online shopping mall Jumia.com, has sacked about 300 workers without giving them any notice for the decision.
In latest development in Nigeria’s online technology business is that leading and largest Nollywood content provider iROKOtv , has also fired 130 workers from its Lagos office.
Tech portal Techmoran first reported the downsizing yesterday, quoting that the company is cutting down its overhead as it attempts to crack profitability.
Another Nigeria’s leading tech portal Tech Cabal, reach out to the CEO and partner of the iROKOtv , Jason Nkoju, confirmed the report that they are indeed laying off some of their workers, and also that the process has been a progressive downsizing that started a few months back.
“We’ve had to say goodbye to valued team members from the Lagos office over the past few months,” Jason told us. “Mainly our Lagos based offline marketing department were affected – we’re reducing numbers in that area of the company and approximately 130 staff have been let go.”
This is part of a larger restructuring, Jason says, that will see the company move personnel and resources to other parts of the business as well as relocate operations that require stronger infrastructure to its office in New York.
“There are some roles which required stronger infrastructure (moving large files) and experienced hands so we shifted them outside Lagos,” Jason says.
However, this is first major restructuring iROKOtv is announcing since it switched from PC and mobile streaming to a mobile-only discovery and download offering back in July.
In another news Jason, said that the company is currently working on a new version of its app before the end of this year and it’s what the company’s product, design and engineering teams across Lagos and New York are focused on at present.
More from my site
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017
- Wizkid Takes Us On New Ride with Unreleased Video of ” Come Closer ” Without Drake - July 1, 2017
- American Rap God Jay-Z Drops 13th Studio Album “4:44”, Address Issues of Cheating on His Wife, Confirms that His Mother is Lesbian, Black Supremacy and Others - June 30, 2017