In less down few days ago, a report surface online that Nigeria’s leading online shopping mall Jumia.com, has sacked about 300 workers without giving them any notice for the decision.
In latest development in Nigeria’s online technology business is that leading and largest Nollywood content provider iROKOtv , has also fired 130 workers from its Lagos office.
Tech portal Techmoran first reported the downsizing yesterday, quoting that the company is cutting down its overhead as it attempts to crack profitability.
Another Nigeria’s leading tech portal Tech Cabal, reach out to the CEO and partner of the iROKOtv , Jason Nkoju, confirmed the report that they are indeed laying off some of their workers, and also that the process has been a progressive downsizing that started a few months back.
“We’ve had to say goodbye to valued team members from the Lagos office over the past few months,” Jason told us. “Mainly our Lagos based offline marketing department were affected – we’re reducing numbers in that area of the company and approximately 130 staff have been let go.”
This is part of a larger restructuring, Jason says, that will see the company move personnel and resources to other parts of the business as well as relocate operations that require stronger infrastructure to its office in New York.
“There are some roles which required stronger infrastructure (moving large files) and experienced hands so we shifted them outside Lagos,” Jason says.
However, this is first major restructuring iROKOtv is announcing since it switched from PC and mobile streaming to a mobile-only discovery and download offering back in July.
In another news Jason, said that the company is currently working on a new version of its app before the end of this year and it’s what the company’s product, design and engineering teams across Lagos and New York are focused on at present.
More from my site
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017
- Reekado Banks to Hold his ” Thank You Concert ” at Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Organisers of Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 Unveils Activities for this Year Festival - November 15, 2017
- Meet Yvonne Nelson’s Baby Daddy, Who Is A British Photographer - November 15, 2017
- American Singer August Alsina Blasts his Record Label in Twitter Rant ” Tell My Trash Record Label Def Jam to Free Me ” - November 15, 2017
- 5 Points To Protect Your Website From Hackers - November 15, 2017
- Internet Went Frenzy as Wizkid Subtly Use Simi To Shade Davido - November 14, 2017