American billionaires and businessman Donald Trump has been elected as 45th president of United States under the platform Republican Party.
The elected president Donald Trump, won the election in a hard fought battle against the Democratic Party candidate Hillary Clinton. He won the election in a margin cross of 270 electoral college votes needed for his victory.
The highly successful real estate mogul Donald Trump, receives most of his votes in the hands of evangelicals and working class Americans, while Hillary Clinton receives most of her votes from blacks, Latino, mexicans and few selected white people.
His victory is seen by analysts as a major surprise, having gone undetected by several major polls conducted in the country in the last days running to the election.
Mrs. Clinton, a former Secretary of State and wife of ex-President Bill Clinton, had managed to run a more disciplined campaign than Mr. Trump. Major opinion polls had predicted her victory.
She stayed away from addressing supporters at her campaign headquarters on Wednesday morning.
Her campaign manager, John Podesta, indicated she would not give a speech until later in the day.
Despite running an ugly and vicious campaign, Mr. Trump gained early momentum by picking swing states like Florida and Ohio early in the night, sealing the victory with Pennsylvania.
The Republican Party also held on to the U.S. Congress with majority in both the House and Senate.
Mr. Trump has already given his victory speech. He admitted that he received a congratulatory phone call from Hilary Clinton and congratulated her for running a though campaign. He also thanked her for her service to the U.S. and pledged to unite the country.
“I say it is time for us to come together as one united people,” he said.
“I pledge… that I will be president of all Americans,” he said, adding that “America will no longer settle for anything less than the best.”
More from my site
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017
- Reekado Banks to Hold his ” Thank You Concert ” at Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Organisers of Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 Unveils Activities for this Year Festival - November 15, 2017
- Meet Yvonne Nelson’s Baby Daddy, Who Is A British Photographer - November 15, 2017
- American Singer August Alsina Blasts his Record Label in Twitter Rant ” Tell My Trash Record Label Def Jam to Free Me ” - November 15, 2017
- 5 Points To Protect Your Website From Hackers - November 15, 2017
- Internet Went Frenzy as Wizkid Subtly Use Simi To Shade Davido - November 14, 2017