Former Nigeria President, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has revealed why he did not buy into view of declaring of asset. The ex-Nigeria President said the reason why he did not declare his asset because it’s not the right for him to do as President.
The Bayelsa born politician Goodluck Jonathan made this known in a book titled: Against The Run Of Play, written by renowned journalist Olusegun Adeniyi. In that book, Jonathan said that he did not want to declare his assets publicly when he was Vice-President, adding that President Yar’Adua asked him to do it.
The former President also said that the public declaration of his assets will not reduce corruption.
He said “It is not the President declaring his assets that will end Boko Haram and whether I am criticised from head to toe I will not declare my assets publicly; it is not right; I did not even want to declare my assets as VP but was forced by the then President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.
“The law is clear. A public officer should declare his asset, and if there are issues, then the relevant agencies would have a basis to assess whether you have amassed wealth or not.
Jonathan who was under pressure to make public his assets in the spirit of the anti-corruption war, was quoted as saying, “I don’t give a damn about it. The law is clear about it and so, making it public is not issue and I will not play into the hands of people. I have nothing to hide.
“I declared under Yar Ádua because he did it, but it is not proper; it is not the president declaring assets that will change the country.”
More from my site
- Wizzy Lion of Africa! Wizkid Wins First Solo BET Awards 2017 Ahead of Davido, AKA and Others - June 24, 2017
- E-Money and I Problem is that We ShowOff and We are Not Into Any Illegal Business — Kcee - June 24, 2017
- Davido Shines At ” 30 Billion ” World Tour In Ulkraine - June 24, 2017
- Dammy Krane’s Issue Is a Case of Implication — 2Baba - June 23, 2017
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017
- Breaking : President Buhari Suffers Speech Impairement In The UK - June 20, 2017