In the recent time, Nigerian artistes has been accused of buying fake views for most of their videos on YouTube. This accusation goes far as noted Nigerian entertainment journalist Osagie Alonge openly accused DMW‘s act Mayorkun of buying fake views for his 2016 breakout hit single ” Eleko ” that recorded over 2 millions views on YouTube.
As our industry is gradually growing, our favorite artistes are seen to have pick up an ugly habit of buying fake views for their various videos on YouTube in order to increase the presence online and avenue of getting endorsement from brands who sees stats as way to giving out endorsement in recent years.
On this episode of Fact Only With Osagie Alonge, renowned entertainment journalist and Editor-In-Chief for Pulse Nigeria, Osagie Alonge analyses the reasons why these artists do so and what this would be spelling out for them if they don’t desist from the act.
In the video Osagie Alonge further explains how you can get to know if these said views were bought, by observing the statistics.
“If there is an unreasonable spike that drops almost immediately after 24 hours, obviously you have bought the views,” He explains, saying further that the number of people that the initial spike represented logically should have come back or a new set of viewers should have seen the video the next day.
He further says that you can easily known the fake views by checking out the comment and the likes of that video. On why these artists are skewing their Youtube views, the analyst says it boils down to digital credibility which brands are now resonating with, that could get an artist endorsement for example.
“The more the views you have, the higher the probability the brands can get to work with the artist”. Osagie states.
He blames artists for wanting to accelerate their growth way ahead of the time, instead of organically growing their fanbase. This he says puts pressure on the artist, and ends up affecting the artist’s career negatively.
He cites an example in Falz who gained momentum organically to grow and establish his brand. Osagie advises the artists not to be pressured, and build their fan base organically, understand and cater to those fans and build up from there with good and exciting content.
Report Quote Credit: Abiola Solanke for Pulse Nigeria
More from my site
- D’Prince is Here! Kokomaster D’banj Welcomes Baby Boy - May 26, 2017
- Twelve Years After Dropping Out, Mark Zuckerberg Bags Harvard Honourary Degree ” Mom I Always Told You I’d Come Back and Get My Degree ” - May 26, 2017
- Report : D’banj Reportedly Expecting A Child With His Wife In US - May 26, 2017
- Kcee Fires Shot at Harrysong Song-Writing Claims ” When I won Star Quest in 2002, Harrysong was Still in the Village ” - May 26, 2017
- Wizkid Announces Summer Mixtape ” Sound of The Other Side ” Releases Date - May 24, 2017
- Has Wizkid Dances His Way to Billboard Awards, Can He Win His First Ever Solo BET Awards 2017 - May 24, 2017
- Highlights as Drake, Celine Dion, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj Shine at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 23, 2017
- #FreeAudu : Audu Maikori Sues Gov El Rufia for N10billion Over Human Rights Violation - May 22, 2017
- New Music : Download Terry Apala — Bad Girl Ft. Bisola - May 22, 2017
- Drake Sweep Billboard Music Awards 2017 as Beyonce,, Twenty One Pilots, The Chainsmokers and Others Wins Big + Complete List of Winners at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 22, 2017