In the recent time, Nigerian artistes has been accused of buying fake views for most of their videos on YouTube. This accusation goes far as noted Nigerian entertainment journalist Osagie Alonge openly accused DMW‘s act Mayorkun of buying fake views for his 2016 breakout hit single ” Eleko ” that recorded over 2 millions views on YouTube.
As our industry is gradually growing, our favorite artistes are seen to have pick up an ugly habit of buying fake views for their various videos on YouTube in order to increase the presence online and avenue of getting endorsement from brands who sees stats as way to giving out endorsement in recent years.
On this episode of Fact Only With Osagie Alonge, renowned entertainment journalist and Editor-In-Chief for Pulse Nigeria, Osagie Alonge analyses the reasons why these artists do so and what this would be spelling out for them if they don’t desist from the act.
In the video Osagie Alonge further explains how you can get to know if these said views were bought, by observing the statistics.
“If there is an unreasonable spike that drops almost immediately after 24 hours, obviously you have bought the views,” He explains, saying further that the number of people that the initial spike represented logically should have come back or a new set of viewers should have seen the video the next day.
He further says that you can easily known the fake views by checking out the comment and the likes of that video. On why these artists are skewing their Youtube views, the analyst says it boils down to digital credibility which brands are now resonating with, that could get an artist endorsement for example.
“The more the views you have, the higher the probability the brands can get to work with the artist”. Osagie states.
He blames artists for wanting to accelerate their growth way ahead of the time, instead of organically growing their fanbase. This he says puts pressure on the artist, and ends up affecting the artist’s career negatively.
He cites an example in Falz who gained momentum organically to grow and establish his brand. Osagie advises the artists not to be pressured, and build their fan base organically, understand and cater to those fans and build up from there with good and exciting content.
Report Quote Credit: Abiola Solanke for Pulse Nigeria
More from my site
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017
- Reekado Banks to Hold his ” Thank You Concert ” at Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Organisers of Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 Unveils Activities for this Year Festival - November 15, 2017
- Meet Yvonne Nelson’s Baby Daddy, Who Is A British Photographer - November 15, 2017
- American Singer August Alsina Blasts his Record Label in Twitter Rant ” Tell My Trash Record Label Def Jam to Free Me ” - November 15, 2017
- 5 Points To Protect Your Website From Hackers - November 15, 2017
- Internet Went Frenzy as Wizkid Subtly Use Simi To Shade Davido - November 14, 2017