The federal government of Nigeria has reveal that they are already copying the blueprint template of Lagos-State to revive the economy, assuring that the country will soon be out of the economic recession.
It promised to help entrepreneurs to grow Made-in- Nigeria products to boost the country’s economy. Speaking yesterday at the 9th Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Colloquium in Lagos, President Muhammadu Buhari, who was represented by the Minister for Interior, Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (rtd), said that the Federal Government has already put policies in place to encourage and facilitate Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to promote made in- Nigeria goods. The colloquium had the theme, “Use what we make, Make what you use.”
It was meant to mark Tinubu’s 65th birthday. Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, said the Federal Government recently released N1 trillion for capital expenditure to make the economy productive, adding that measures were being taken to bring about multiple streams of revenue. The minister implored Nigerians, especially businessmen and the rich, to pay tax to increase government’s revenue.
“The economic template we copied from you (Lagos) is now being implemented for economic recovery of the country and we are not ashamed to say it. The impact of that template is that many of the states are now copying it, especially in the area of Internal Generated Revenue (IGR).
We are following that which you laid down. “The situation we found ourselves today demands that we have multiple sources of revenue. We need to create jobs for people. We need to drive the economy by creating jobs. We will change Nigeria by consuming what we make in Nigeria. Using what we make and consuming what we make is the best way towards economic recovery.
“The tax mobilisation we copied from Tinubu is what we are using and we thank you for leading the way in tax collection. As a matter of fact, when you (Tinubu) embarked on aggressive tax collection, which eventually led to increased IGR in the state, many people complained. But the truth is that we all can see the massive infrastructural development achieved from that aggressive tax collection,” she said.
More from my site
- Forget Wizkid and Davido! Olamide Is Nigeria’s Highest Paid Artist — Alex Ozone - September 25, 2017
- Beat FM Lagos, OAP Toolz Oniru Confirms Pregnancy Loss With New Photos - September 25, 2017
- Kim Kardashian Revealed Epic Revelation How She Fell In Love with Kanye West - September 25, 2017
- Singer Skales Revealed Amazing Secret How Olamide Saves His Career - September 25, 2017
- Copy Of The Legal Termination Letter Peter Okoye Sent To Their Lawyer, Festus Keyamo Over P-Square Split Contractual Agreement - September 25, 2017
- P-Square is Over! The Untold Truth Behind Peter and Paul Okoye Split Saga - September 25, 2017
- The Aristocrat Out With Another Danceable Song ” Funaab Girl ” (Freesyle) + Download The Aristocrat — Funaab Girl (Freestyle) Ft Bravoor - September 23, 2017
- Have You Ever Forget What It Feels Like to Be In Love, Tiwa Savage Will Remind You In Her Sugarcane EP - September 22, 2017
- Which Nigerian Artistes Had the Best International Music Collaboration in 2017 - September 21, 2017
- From Mr Eazi to Davido, Now D’banj! Eedris Abdulkareem Had Harsh Words for D’Banj, While Glorified Don Jazzy - September 21, 2017