The federal government of Nigeria has reveal that they are already copying the blueprint template of Lagos-State to revive the economy, assuring that the country will soon be out of the economic recession.
It promised to help entrepreneurs to grow Made-in- Nigeria products to boost the country’s economy. Speaking yesterday at the 9th Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Colloquium in Lagos, President Muhammadu Buhari, who was represented by the Minister for Interior, Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (rtd), said that the Federal Government has already put policies in place to encourage and facilitate Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to promote made in- Nigeria goods. The colloquium had the theme, “Use what we make, Make what you use.”
It was meant to mark Tinubu’s 65th birthday. Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, said the Federal Government recently released N1 trillion for capital expenditure to make the economy productive, adding that measures were being taken to bring about multiple streams of revenue. The minister implored Nigerians, especially businessmen and the rich, to pay tax to increase government’s revenue.
“The economic template we copied from you (Lagos) is now being implemented for economic recovery of the country and we are not ashamed to say it. The impact of that template is that many of the states are now copying it, especially in the area of Internal Generated Revenue (IGR).
We are following that which you laid down. “The situation we found ourselves today demands that we have multiple sources of revenue. We need to create jobs for people. We need to drive the economy by creating jobs. We will change Nigeria by consuming what we make in Nigeria. Using what we make and consuming what we make is the best way towards economic recovery.
“The tax mobilisation we copied from Tinubu is what we are using and we thank you for leading the way in tax collection. As a matter of fact, when you (Tinubu) embarked on aggressive tax collection, which eventually led to increased IGR in the state, many people complained. But the truth is that we all can see the massive infrastructural development achieved from that aggressive tax collection,” she said.
More from my site
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017
- Reekado Banks to Hold his ” Thank You Concert ” at Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Organisers of Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 Unveils Activities for this Year Festival - November 15, 2017
- Meet Yvonne Nelson’s Baby Daddy, Who Is A British Photographer - November 15, 2017
- American Singer August Alsina Blasts his Record Label in Twitter Rant ” Tell My Trash Record Label Def Jam to Free Me ” - November 15, 2017
- 5 Points To Protect Your Website From Hackers - November 15, 2017
- Internet Went Frenzy as Wizkid Subtly Use Simi To Shade Davido - November 14, 2017