Renowned Nigerian entertainment lawyer, Chocolate City boss and social-activist Audu Maikori has sue Kaduna-State Governor Nasir El-Rufia 10billion Naira for gross violation of his right.
The renowned lawyer files the lawsuit (FHC/ABJ/CS/385/17) by his lawyer, Ballason’s Chambers at the Federal High Court, Abuja, Audu is seeking damages to the tune of N10billion.
If you can recall weeks ago, a campaign #FreeAudu goes viral on social media after the arrest of Audu by the Nigeria Police on charges of incitement, based on a petition by the Kaduna State Government.
However, he was eventually released on bail, later re-arrested by Gov El Rufai and later cleared of any complicity by the Police Force Headquarters.
El Rufai essentially said, “Audu Maikori, you may be a public figure, a lawyer, and a respected celebrity but you do not have the power, and all of what you have means nothing. I can control you anytime I want, however, I want, and however, I like.”
Here’s what Audu outline through his lawyers, the basis for his suit. They include:
- El Rufai had no legal basis to order his arrest over his tweets of January 23, 2017, regarding the Kaduna herdsman.
El Rufai had no legal basis to order his arrest in Lagos on a warrant issued in Kaduna without following Lagos legal protocols, arrest him in Lagos, and to ship and detain him (lock him up) in Abuja.
El Rufai had no legal basis to re-arrest him after he had been released on bail in Abuja.
El Rufai after he re-arrested Maikori had no legal basis to lock him up and to do so in a local Kaduna jail under “inhuman” conditions.
El Rufai had no legal basis to keep locked up in the Kaduna jail house, and further jeopardize his health even though he knew and had evidence that Maikori suffered from a respiratory issue and was “deathly ill.” Maikori claims he suffered from “Syncopal attack” and “high blood pressure,” among other health conditions that were made known to the governor, and he, unfortunately, contracted a respiratory infection as a result of being locked up.
El Rufai’s actions caused him to fall gravely ill and to seek medical attention abroad where he is “currently fighting for his life”, per the statement in the application.
Here’s the total damages sought is twenty-one billion, plus a 10% interest per annum. The breakdown is:
1 billion for compensatory damages
10 billion for general damages (injury to reputation, business etc.)
10 billion for damages (health, medical etc.)
More from my site
- I’M the Most Supportive Rapper in History of African Hip-Hop — M.I Abaga - October 23, 2017
- Peter Okoye Launches Solo Career by Sampling on Mya’s & Blackstreet ” Take Me There ” Song on ” Cool It Down “ - October 23, 2017
- Tillaman Reveals Why He Left Shina Peller’s Record Label - October 23, 2017
- Rapper A-Q Takes Us On Journey of How Nightlife Looks Like Along ” Lekki Express Way ” with Wavy the Creator - October 23, 2017
- Tagbo’s Death : Member’s of Davido’s Crew Reveals Why they Dump Tagbo at General Hospital - October 23, 2017
- Nigerian Rapper Falz Snag Juicy Endorsement Deal With Hennessy - October 22, 2017
- DonYom Reflects on the Memories of His Late Father! SuperMan is in Town - October 21, 2017
- Nigerian Hip-Hop Lovers Reacts to M.I Abaga’s New Track, Where He Channel Other Rappers on Changing the Game & Culture - October 21, 2017
- Nigeria’s RapLord M.I & Chocolate City Sues American Rap Legend Nas for Delivering Wack Verse Despite What they Agreement Upon - October 20, 2017
- Rap Mogul M.I Abaga Fires with Machine Gun, As He Schools Every Rappers About the Game & Culture in New Single ” You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives “ - October 20, 2017