Renowned Nigerian entertainment lawyer, Chocolate City boss and social-activist Audu Maikori has sue Kaduna-State Governor Nasir El-Rufia 10billion Naira for gross violation of his right.
The renowned lawyer files the lawsuit (FHC/ABJ/CS/385/17) by his lawyer, Ballason’s Chambers at the Federal High Court, Abuja, Audu is seeking damages to the tune of N10billion.
If you can recall weeks ago, a campaign #FreeAudu goes viral on social media after the arrest of Audu by the Nigeria Police on charges of incitement, based on a petition by the Kaduna State Government.
However, he was eventually released on bail, later re-arrested by Gov El Rufai and later cleared of any complicity by the Police Force Headquarters.
El Rufai essentially said, “Audu Maikori, you may be a public figure, a lawyer, and a respected celebrity but you do not have the power, and all of what you have means nothing. I can control you anytime I want, however, I want, and however, I like.”
Here’s what Audu outline through his lawyers, the basis for his suit. They include:
- El Rufai had no legal basis to order his arrest over his tweets of January 23, 2017, regarding the Kaduna herdsman.
El Rufai had no legal basis to order his arrest in Lagos on a warrant issued in Kaduna without following Lagos legal protocols, arrest him in Lagos, and to ship and detain him (lock him up) in Abuja.
El Rufai had no legal basis to re-arrest him after he had been released on bail in Abuja.
El Rufai after he re-arrested Maikori had no legal basis to lock him up and to do so in a local Kaduna jail under “inhuman” conditions.
El Rufai had no legal basis to keep locked up in the Kaduna jail house, and further jeopardize his health even though he knew and had evidence that Maikori suffered from a respiratory issue and was “deathly ill.” Maikori claims he suffered from “Syncopal attack” and “high blood pressure,” among other health conditions that were made known to the governor, and he, unfortunately, contracted a respiratory infection as a result of being locked up.
El Rufai’s actions caused him to fall gravely ill and to seek medical attention abroad where he is “currently fighting for his life”, per the statement in the application.
Here’s the total damages sought is twenty-one billion, plus a 10% interest per annum. The breakdown is:
1 billion for compensatory damages
10 billion for general damages (injury to reputation, business etc.)
10 billion for damages (health, medical etc.)
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017