Yeah! We all heard about the Olamide‘s saga that am too big for anybody to sign, his decision that period is the reality of his existence today. Here comes another hard fact truth coming from D’banj that he alleged to have signed Davido in 2014, but his parent blocked the move appealing they want him to go to school.
After the biggest marriage breakup in Nigeria music industry history between Nigerian entertainer D’banj and his former business partner & longtime friend Don Jazzy in 2012, the kokomaster moves to float a 360 degree entertainment company called DKM, he was alleged to have signed Davido to the label in 2014.
The D’Cream Records boss D’banj who is currently in the UK to promotes his recently released fourth studio album ” King Don Come “, was a guest on Spindle Magazine’s Artist On Artist with UK group The Fedz, where he touched on being inspired not only by older artists but also younger ones.
‘I remember in 2014 when I went back to Nigeria. Some young guy who used to work for me brought an artist to me and said he wanted me to sign him and I signed the artist. I remember we gave the artist a Rolex watch as a signing-on fee. I signed the artist and I got a call later on that the parents of the artist wanted to meet with me.
So I went and I saw the parents and they said please I want my boy to go to school. I know you have signed him but I really want him to go to school. So I said okay, let him go to school because that is what you want and then after that, he can come back. The boy I am talking about is one of the biggest artist coming in from this new generation which is Davido…’
Should we say D’banj is lying or he should get his date fact right, because Davido in 2014 was a big star that as being regarded as A-List artistes. In 2014, Davido has already floated his own label HKN Music with his brother and has released a long list of hits including Dami Duro, Ekuro, Gobe and Skelewu. Is Dbanj’s calendar faulty or was Davido truly looking to get signed by Dbanj despite being successful at the time?
More from my site
- French Montana & Ty Dolla Sign Revamp Mr Eazi’s ” Leg Over ” Remix with Major Lazer with New Flavour - September 16, 2017
- Ice Prince Returns Back to His Hip-Hop Root in ” Owonikoko ” Featuring Olamide - September 16, 2017
- The Aristocrat Releases Visual for His ” Wo’s ” Viral Cover by Olamide, Directed by Mofti Pro - September 15, 2017
- Developing Story : Rising Star CKay Rides on the Free Publicity of ” Who The Fu**k Is CKay ” Hullabalu, As He Releases ” Who The Fu**k Is CKay ” EP - September 9, 2017
- Africa Must Rise, Perception Or Reality by Ogunmola Tope - September 7, 2017
- Developing Story : FreeMe Digital Releases Official Statement on Ycee & Micheal Ugwu Sony’s Saga ” No Current and Existing Contractual Relations with Ycee ” - September 6, 2017
- 2015 Oyo SDP Governorship Candidate, Seyi Makinde Returns Back to PDP - September 5, 2017
- After Back and Fought Twitter Fight, M.I Abaga’s Joined Osagie Alonge & Ayomide Tayo on Loose Talk Podcast - September 4, 2017
- From Olamide to Davido ! Is D’banj Calendar Faulty to Have Allegedly Claimed to Sign Davido in 2014 - September 1, 2017
- Sony Music Continues their Business Expansion in Africa with Singing of DJ Maphorisa - September 1, 2017