Early hours of today, I shared with you that Nokia parental company, HMD Global unveiled the newly rebrand Nokia 3310 into market, after the first launched in 2000.
Sometimes last year, HMD Global reveal that they are planning to released a new generation of Nokia smartphones, which will includes Nokia 6, Nokia 5, Nokia 6 Arte Black Limited Edition, Nokia 3 and the famously beloved but extinct Nokia 3310.
The new Nokia 3310 is cost at rate of $52, and it will comes in warm Red and Yellow (both with a gloss finish of the polycarbonate exterior). Dark Blue and Grey (both with a matte finish).
The new 3310 surely had a long-battery of that previous once, durability and its looks smoother, finer and has curved lines as a bonus.
The phone is built on the S30+, an operating platform which was developed by MediaTek for Nokia, as part of the new generation of Nokia’s classic. The platform is part of what HMD acquired from Microsoft who bought the business from Nokia.
It does not come with the ability to load apps (sadly) but it comes with the basics of what you might need in a phone today: voice and text messaging, internet browsing (an Opera Mini browser), music (51 hours of MP3s), camera (2-megapixel!), a coloured screen, 2.5G internet and some internal upgrades: micro-USB charging port, headphone jack, microSD storage and Bluetooth.
And, it has two SIM SLOTS and the unforgettable “Snake” game.
The “Candy Bar” sized Nokia 3310 that was unveiled at the world mobile conference in Barcelona, will surely evoke a feeling of nostalgia in users who were conversant with the classic Nokia that was the king of the mobile phone industry in its heyday. And, HMD is banking on that nostalgia for sales. Experts think that the motive might be to present a device that can potentially onboard people to other Nokia devices.
How well will the new Nokia 3310 do?
Well, the phone will be a good sell, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa, where price is the key deciding factor for most gadgets purchases. It will compete well with any low quality brand that has dominated the market.
But to the tech savvy generation, the device will offer an experience that is a far-cry from what the Apple–dominated market has offered for over a decade.
The smartphone fatigue notwithstanding, much of its use will be as the ideal first phone; for making and receiving calls (that type that can be lost without much ado). Or a phone that people can use when they don’t want to receive emails or social-network notifications. Except HMD has more in the bag that it is yet to let out, the new 3310 is just going to be a regular phone.
More from my site
- Highlights as Drake, Celine Dion, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj Shine at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 23, 2017
- #FreeAudu : Audu Maikori Sues Gov El Rufia for N10billion Over Human Rights Violation - May 22, 2017
- New Music : Download Terry Apala — Bad Girl Ft. Bisola - May 22, 2017
- Drake Sweep Billboard Music Awards 2017 as Beyonce,, Twenty One Pilots, The Chainsmokers and Others Wins Big + Complete List of Winners at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Canadian-American Rapper Drake Made History as Biggest Winner at Billboard Music Awards 2017 in a Single Year - May 22, 2017
- Nigerian Music Superstar Wizkid Made History as First Ever Nigerian Artiste to Win Billboard Music Awards 2017 with Three Heaven - May 22, 2017
- Gov Fayose to Fly Body of Late Actress Moji Olaiya Back to Nigeria for Proper Burial - May 20, 2017
- Tiwa Savage’s Husband Teebillz Open Ups on Being a Better Man ” God Deliberately Made Me to Experience those Challenges in Order to Become a Better Person ” - May 20, 2017
- Drake’s One Dance Ghost Magic at Work as Billboard Acknowledge Wizkid Nomination for Billboard Awards 2017 - May 19, 2017
- Baseline Music Act Skales Unveils Cover Art & Tracklist of ” The Never Say Never Guy ” Album - May 19, 2017