When I was young, I have several brothers and sisters that are doing music and even addicted to music , but they usually says then that music is unprofitable venture for anybody to take as profession.
But about few years, through my findings and the flamboyant lifestyle of our music super stars I discovered that music as developed so much so that people earn a living from music, to the extend that artistes such as Don Jazzy, Wizkid, D’banj, Davido, Olamide, P-Square, Ice Prince, Jude Okoye and others can afford to buy expensive porches car that worst about #50m without even them to be bankrupt .
In recent years stakeholders in music industry in Nigeria, are now having the mindset that music is business, then you will think like a business man.
Basically because in any business will investment based on the returns that will get from that business. Because no record label around the world, will want to sign any artistes that have not develop him/herself into economical brand that they can invest in.
I can recall one of recent interview that one of influential label records holder in Nigeria, precisely the president of Chocolate City Music Group Audu Maikori, says :
“For you to get into Chocolate City system, you really must have worked on yourself. Like some of the artistes we are considering now, they are people who have been doing their own thing. You can’t walk up to me and say you are an artiste and you want a record deal with just two Facebook likes or followers, I won’t take you seriously. People are looking for content.
There are few untalented artistes with five thousand or more followers on social media ; that means they are actively engaging and doing something for themselves at the early stage of their career. It’s important that you have those followers because it shows me you have fans.
However, American pop stars Justin Bieber , was discovered on YouTube through his engaging of uploading his music video demo online, that means he as fans and he was marketing himself, while duo of newly signee of Praiz’s ” X3M Music” record SammY and Simi has already engaging themselves on social media with thousands of followers on their various social signals.
While in another interview I can recall from Co-Owner of Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) Banky W, himself says that :
You have to be doing your thing, attending shows etc, he further stressing his point that Skales and Niyola were discovered in shows, while they were doing their own thing.
On this Short Point Am Going to Share with you Short Simple to Tricks to Get You Signed into Any of Your Dream Label Record in Nigeria.
Enjoy as I take you on ride — How To Get Signed On Any Record Label In Nigeria
1. WORK ON YOURSELF/SONG:
Firstly you have to work on yourself, ensure that your song is good and can be accepted by millions of Nigerian music lovers.
Get a very good production for your song. Listen to songs of top musicians and compare with yours, then fill the missing link.
2. CREATE A BRAND FOR YOURSELF:
Just like I make mention of SammY and Simi , in my introduction to this post — they have thousands of followers on social media and they have engaged themselves to perform in many show over the years.
Presence matters in music industry of today, because every human being will want to invest in a fertile ground that will bring profits for them in nearest future or short-term, because they have to see what that can convince them to invest in you and your musical career. Everybody wants to associates him or herself with successful people.
Locate a branding and packaging company that can help you in building a brand for yourself. Customize your wardrobe, have a website, etc.
3. LET THE WORLD KNOW ABOUT IT:
We are in technology world and new media (Internet, social media) will come and stay for about 50 years now. As an upcoming artistes you can minimize your cost by using social media to create a buzz around you.
You can start by creating e a Facebook fan page, twitter /YouTube account and increase your fanbase. With this you can attract business men or women that want to invest in this fast growing Nigeria music industry or established label record can pick you up for contract deal.
Hope You Enjoy My Short Insight.
More from my site
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017
- Reekado Banks to Hold his ” Thank You Concert ” at Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Organisers of Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 Unveils Activities for this Year Festival - November 15, 2017
- Meet Yvonne Nelson’s Baby Daddy, Who Is A British Photographer - November 15, 2017
- American Singer August Alsina Blasts his Record Label in Twitter Rant ” Tell My Trash Record Label Def Jam to Free Me ” - November 15, 2017
- 5 Points To Protect Your Website From Hackers - November 15, 2017
- Internet Went Frenzy as Wizkid Subtly Use Simi To Shade Davido - November 14, 2017