When I was young, I have several brothers and sisters that are doing music and even addicted to music , but they usually says then that music is unprofitable venture for anybody to take as profession.
But about few years, through my findings and the flamboyant lifestyle of our music super stars I discovered that music as developed so much so that people earn a living from music, to the extend that artistes such as Don Jazzy, Wizkid, D’banj, Davido, Olamide, P-Square, Ice Prince, Jude Okoye and others can afford to buy expensive porches car that worst about #50m without even them to be bankrupt .
In recent years stakeholders in music industry in Nigeria, are now having the mindset that music is business, then you will think like a business man.
Basically because in any business will investment based on the returns that will get from that business. Because no record label around the world, will want to sign any artistes that have not develop him/herself into economical brand that they can invest in.
I can recall one of recent interview that one of influential label records holder in Nigeria, precisely the president of Chocolate City Music Group Audu Maikori, says :
“For you to get into Chocolate City system, you really must have worked on yourself. Like some of the artistes we are considering now, they are people who have been doing their own thing. You can’t walk up to me and say you are an artiste and you want a record deal with just two Facebook likes or followers, I won’t take you seriously. People are looking for content.
There are few untalented artistes with five thousand or more followers on social media ; that means they are actively engaging and doing something for themselves at the early stage of their career. It’s important that you have those followers because it shows me you have fans.
However, American pop stars Justin Bieber , was discovered on YouTube through his engaging of uploading his music video demo online, that means he as fans and he was marketing himself, while duo of newly signee of Praiz’s ” X3M Music” record SammY and Simi has already engaging themselves on social media with thousands of followers on their various social signals.
While in another interview I can recall from Co-Owner of Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) Banky W, himself says that :
You have to be doing your thing, attending shows etc, he further stressing his point that Skales and Niyola were discovered in shows, while they were doing their own thing.
On this Short Point Am Going to Share with you Short Simple to Tricks to Get You Signed into Any of Your Dream Label Record in Nigeria.
Enjoy as I take you on ride — How To Get Signed On Any Record Label In Nigeria
1. WORK ON YOURSELF/SONG:
Firstly you have to work on yourself, ensure that your song is good and can be accepted by millions of Nigerian music lovers.
Get a very good production for your song. Listen to songs of top musicians and compare with yours, then fill the missing link.
2. CREATE A BRAND FOR YOURSELF:
Just like I make mention of SammY and Simi , in my introduction to this post — they have thousands of followers on social media and they have engaged themselves to perform in many show over the years.
Presence matters in music industry of today, because every human being will want to invest in a fertile ground that will bring profits for them in nearest future or short-term, because they have to see what that can convince them to invest in you and your musical career. Everybody wants to associates him or herself with successful people.
Locate a branding and packaging company that can help you in building a brand for yourself. Customize your wardrobe, have a website, etc.
3. LET THE WORLD KNOW ABOUT IT:
We are in technology world and new media (Internet, social media) will come and stay for about 50 years now. As an upcoming artistes you can minimize your cost by using social media to create a buzz around you.
You can start by creating e a Facebook fan page, twitter /YouTube account and increase your fanbase. With this you can attract business men or women that want to invest in this fast growing Nigeria music industry or established label record can pick you up for contract deal.
Hope You Enjoy My Short Insight.
More from my site
- Nathaniel Bassey Tap Into #HallelujahChallenge Campaign with New Song, Download Nathaniel Bassey — Olowogbogboro Ft. Wale Adenuga - June 28, 2017
- Recession Hit MTN as They Pull Out as Sponsor for ” Who Want To Be A Millionaire ” Show - June 28, 2017
- D’banj Unveils Artwork & Released Date for ” King Don Come ” Album - June 27, 2017
- Download LuluRaps — An Eye for a Naira EP, As LuluRaps Takes Us on Lyrical Journey of Not Abandoning One’s Visions or Dreams Just for Profit - June 26, 2017
- NANA Menthol Supports The Youth Summit Africa, as Event Design to be Different in Terms of Content and Activities - June 26, 2017
- Wizzy Lion of Africa! Wizkid Wins First Solo BET Awards 2017 Ahead of Davido, AKA and Others - June 24, 2017
- E-Money and I Problem is that We ShowOff and We are Not Into Any Illegal Business — Kcee - June 24, 2017
- Davido Shines At ” 30 Billion ” World Tour In Ulkraine - June 24, 2017
- Dammy Krane’s Issue Is a Case of Implication — 2Baba - June 23, 2017
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017