Couple of days ago, hottest news or gist in town has been the controversy which came up after Mavin Records wonder kid Reekado Banks, was announced as winner of this year ” Next Rated ” category ahead of his label mate Korede Bello, Kiss Daniel, Cynthia Morgan, Kiss Daniel and YBNL act Lil Kesh at the 10th edition of The Headies.
The Headies (formerly known as the Hip Hop World Awards) are an accolade established in 2006 by the Hip Hop World Magazine of Nigeria to recognize outstanding achievement in the Nigerian music industry.
The Next Rated category winner are awarded a vehicle in addition to their plaque.
Here are the previous winners of the Headies award ” Next Rated ” category, which can now be termed as the most controversial of all Headies award.
At the maiden edition of Headies Awards, Afro-soul singer Asa won the ” Next Rated ” category .
The second edition of the award, Overdose won the award ahead of Naeto C, Lawal Olumo, Kage, C-Mion,Gino and Blaise.
In 2008, defunct Mo Hits Records act, Wande Coal won the award ahead of MI, Banky W, Cyrus da Virus and GT The Guitarman.
In 2009, Omawumi becomes the second female to won the award. She won the award ahead of YQ , MP , Kel and D’Jinee.
In 2010, duo of music star Skuki won the award ahead of General Pype , Mo’Cheddah , Jesse Jagz and D’Prince.
In 2011, former EME act Wizkid won the award ahead of Ice Prince, Olamide and Tiwa Savage.
In 2012, Baddest Davido ” Omo Baba Olowo ” won the award ahead of Eva Alordiah , Praiz and Chuddy K.
In 2013, Differences Entertainment act Sean Tizzle won the award ahead of Dammy Krane , Burna Boy, Seyi Shay and Phyno.
In 2014, Patoranking won the award ahead of Runtown, Orezi ,Skales and Yemi Alade.
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017