After success from her official debut single ” You Walk with Me ” off her forthcoming debut album ” His Songs in My Heart ”, I had an exclusive chat with rising gospel singer Jeduthun, where she speaks on her decision to venture into gospel music professionally, how her music will influences others, her debut album and several other.
GY: Can we meet you?
Jeduthun: I have my first and second degree in Political Science and
International Relations, respectively.
GY: What influenced your decision to sing Gospel Music?
Jeduthun: Definitely my strong confidence in Christ. He is worthy of honor in my music.
GY: It’s not that God called you?
Jeduthun: Well, I just know I really love God, I love music, and I love to worship God. That’s what propels me.
GY: OK. How do you think your music will influence others?
Jeduthun: I believe it will inspire them to worship God and that’s my goal: that people be lifted in spirit and inspired to worship God
GY: At the early stage of pursuing your music career professionally,
what steps did you take to make it a reality?
Jeduthun: Ermmm…..Can I say that I really did anything? Well, I prayed about it first, and I put some things together financially, sought advice and guidance, and went for it.
GY: So, when exactly did you discover your passion for music?
Jeduthun: I think I was born with it (chuckles) I just have always
loved music from a very early age, I can’t remember how long ago. I
was always the “boombox” of my house
GY: How did your parents react to the idea of you pursuing music?
Jeduthun: My parents are supportive. They only preferred I pursued my education first, which I did.
Jeduthun: I listen to a lot of different Gospel Music ministers like Mama Bola Are, Shirley Ceaser,Yolanda Adams, Nicole C. Mullen, more recent is Sinach, and so many more. They’ve been a blessing to me in many ways.
GY: Very soon your album will be out, what is your favorite track from the album?
Jeduthun: I don’t have any particular favorite track from the album.
I like every song on the album.
GY: In recent years, several gospel artists try to balance between gospel music with inspirational music, in other to attract wider audiences. What is your view and are we expecting anything from you very soon.
Jeduthun: Am not sure yet because I’m not working on anything
“non-gospel inspirational” right now. I believe in music that glorifies God, and as an artist
you should certainly express your God-given gifts, for His glory.
Jeduthun: I don’t think it will compromise the message of God.
Jeduthun: hmmm, tho a point can be made that the song glorifies God in its own way, the goal and aim of the church-which is to be “the light of the world,” still should not be lost in the pursuit to remain current and relevant.
GY: It a pleasure having a chat with you.
Jeduthun: You’re welcome.
More from my site
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017
- Reekado Banks to Hold his ” Thank You Concert ” at Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Organisers of Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 Unveils Activities for this Year Festival - November 15, 2017
- Meet Yvonne Nelson’s Baby Daddy, Who Is A British Photographer - November 15, 2017
- American Singer August Alsina Blasts his Record Label in Twitter Rant ” Tell My Trash Record Label Def Jam to Free Me ” - November 15, 2017
- 5 Points To Protect Your Website From Hackers - November 15, 2017
- Internet Went Frenzy as Wizkid Subtly Use Simi To Shade Davido - November 14, 2017