Hard Work Pay!
Talented American comedian and actor Kevin Hart has dethroned Jerry Seinfeld as highest paid comedian for the year 2016, according to latest Forbes ranking.
The comedy mogul Jerry Seinfeld, has dominate the top spot of highest paid comedian for 10 years but latest ranking index by Forbes, which started Between June 2015 and June 2016, revealed that Kevin Hart earned $87.5 Million which is over $30 million more than Jerry who came in second with $43.5 million.
According to Forbes, the Reason for Kevin’s Dominance is…
He tours like no other comedian. In the 12-month period, Hart played over 100 shows with an average gross of over $1 million at each stop. And these shows aren’t at dingy comedy clubs; Hart played stadiums and arenas, including Madison Square Garden and the Staples Center. Because the stand-up comedian’s set requires little more than a stool, water bottle and microphone, he takes home a larger cut of that gross than most rock stars would
This also placed Kevin as sixth on the Celebrity 100, Forbes’ annual list of celebrity money-makers.
Check out the list of highest earning comedians:
1. Kevin Hart: $87.5million (£67.3 million)
2. Jerry Seinfeld: $43.5million (£22.5 million)
3. Terry Fator: $21million (£16.15million)
4. Amy Schumer: $17million (£13.1million)
5. Jeff Dunham: $13.5million (£10.4million)
6. Dave Chappelle : $13million (£10million)
7. Jim Gaffigan: $12.5million (£9.6million)
8. Gabriel Iglesias : $9.5million (£7.3million)
9. Russell Peters: $9million (£6.9 million)
10. John Bishop : $7million (£5.4 million)
Photo Credit: Getty Images/David Livingston