An Adage says Money is the root of all evil, and its can also end relationship of two close friends. That proverb is what is really happening between duo of American greatest rapper of all time Kanye West and Jay-Z.
According to report circulating viral on several media tabloids reported that Kanye West has quits Jay-Z‘s led music streaming platform Tidal, due to a dispute over money.
Sometimes in 2015, American rap star and entrepreneur Jay-Z alongside with other artistes around the world such as Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, John Legend, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Madonna, J-Cole, Usher, Ed Sheeran and others come together in one voice to launch a music streaming platform that will pay artistes than the peanut revenue they receives from streaming platforms such as Apple Music, iTunes, Spotify and others.
According to TMZ , sources close to Tidal revealed that Kanye West is unhappy with the service, claiming they owe him over $3 million. His lawyers reportedly sent a letter to Tidal a month ago stating that the company was in breach of their contract, and that it would be terminated. Over the 2 weeks that followed, lawyers for both sides tried to resolve the conflict but failed.
The release of Kanye’s ” The Life Of Pablo ” album brought in 1.5 million new subscribers for the streaming service, a feat he apparently was to receive a bonus for but Tidal is still yet to pay. He also alleges that Tidal has failed to reimburse him for music videos.
As a result of all of this, Tidal are claiming that Kanye is still under contract with the service, and have reportedly threatened to sue should he sign to another streaming company – a threat which Kanye has responded to by stating he will counter-sue.
As a response to Kanye West’s departure, Tidal sent a letter threatening to sue if he tried to join another streaming service. We’ll be watching how this situation plays out.
More from my site
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017
- Wizkid Takes Us On New Ride with Unreleased Video of ” Come Closer ” Without Drake - July 1, 2017
- American Rap God Jay-Z Drops 13th Studio Album “4:44”, Address Issues of Cheating on His Wife, Confirms that His Mother is Lesbian, Black Supremacy and Others - June 30, 2017