As the increasing of dollar exchange rates continues to limit Nigerians from buying things online through downloading app stores, content streaming platforms and paid ads.
Leading streaming and downloading platform Apple has announced that they will be billing there Nigerians subscribers in Naira, over the weekend they sent out a mail to all there Nigerians subscribers saying that imminent currency change in the iTunes Store and Apple Music.
With “Currency Change in the App Store, the iTunes Store and Apple Music” in the subject line, the message read thus;
Dear Subscriber, The currency of the App Store, the iTunes Store, and Apple Music in Nigeria will soon be changing from U.S. dollars to Nigerian naira. This change requires no action from you. After the currency change occurs, any pre-orders or subscriptions you have will be billed in Nigerian naira. Learn how to manage your subscriptions or send iTunes Gifts via email. If you have any other questions, visit Apple Support.
This is a good welcome development for Nigerian artists and record labels, who have seen digital sales as alternative revenue away from the old album physical sales.
In October, Facebook announced similar currency change that’s still charging and calculating at the normal dollar to naira exchange rates.
More from my site
- Nigerian Rapper Falz Snag Juicy Endorsement Deal With Hennessy - October 22, 2017
- DonYom Reflects on the Memories of His Late Father! SuperMan is in Town - October 21, 2017
- Nigerian Hip-Hop Lovers Reacts to M.I Abaga’s New Track, Where He Channel Other Rappers on Changing the Game & Culture - October 21, 2017
- Nigeria’s RapLord M.I & Chocolate City Sues American Rap Legend Nas for Delivering Wack Verse Despite What they Agreement Upon - October 20, 2017
- Rap Mogul M.I Abaga Fires with Machine Gun, As He Schools Every Rappers About the Game & Culture in New Single ” You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives “ - October 20, 2017
- Ace Comedian AY Makun and His Brothers Continue to Entertain Us, As they Announces Reality Show - October 19, 2017
- Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Tops Forbes Richest Sport Star of 2017 + Complete List of 20 Richest Sport Star of 2017 by Forbes - October 18, 2017
- Former Super Eagles Legend Kanu and His Wife Amarachi Takes Us on Couple’s Perfect Fitness Goals In Powerful Photo - October 18, 2017
- Adorable Beautiful Pictures of Alaafin Of Oyo’s Youngest Wife and Son’s, As they All Oozing in Royalty - October 18, 2017
- GYOnlineNGList : Meet 10 Most Handsome Politicians In Nigeria - October 18, 2017