Did you love Nigeria music industry and did you want to know more about the business part of the industry, this is a must listen discussion!
At just concluded South by Southwest 2016 Music, Film and Interactive Festival – SXSW 2016, which was held in Austin, Texas, USA : One of the most insightful panel discussion was ” Nigeria’s Music Industry – Ready & Open 4 Business ”.
The panelist consists of General Manager of Sony Music West Africa, Micheal Ugwu, International Artist and Producer DJ Cuppy, Founder and CEO of popular music portal NotJustOk.com, Ademola Ogundele and moderated by Co-Founder/Head of Content of NotJustOk.com, Ovie Ofugara.
The panelist analyzes the structure of the industry including genres and sub-genres, how and where music is made, income streams (how music is monetized by Nigerian artists), licensing and so much more.
The panel address the ongoing challenges and opportunities faced by the Nigerian burgeoning music industry.
The discussion provide a detailed overview of its Eco-system and how it works including collection societies, its Legal practice along with enforcement procedures plus alternative income streams – It shall outline clear paths towards growth, sustainability and investment opportunities for the international music community.
Photo Credit: Urvision Entertainment
More from my site
- 5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs A Blog : How to Create Your Blog or Site in 5 Minutes with WordPress - November 21, 2017
- Bluehost Black Friday 2017 Live : Special BlueHost Black Friday Coupons 80% OFF - November 21, 2017
- All What You Need to Know About Mother of Wizkid’s Third Child - November 20, 2017
- Dancehall Singer Burna Boy Invites by Police for Having Hand in Mr.2kay’s Robbery Attack at Eko Hotel - November 20, 2017
- Nigerian Pop Star Wizkid Welcomes Third Child in Six Years - November 20, 2017
- Tiwa Savage Did Not Owns ” Malo ” Song, But You? - November 20, 2017
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017