For the second time in two months, Nigeria’s upper chamber legislator, the Senate has reject the nomination of Ibrahim Magu as EFCC chairman.
Nigeria’s president Buhari sent the nomination of Ibrahim Magu as chairman of Economic Financial Crimes Commission, but the senates rejected to confirms his nomination due to the fact that he’s unfit to lead the commission because he had failed an integrity test contacted by the DSS.
As the situation unfold now, former senate majority leader, Ali Ndume says if the senate could refuse to confirm Ibrahim Magu, as chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) based on allegations leveled against him, Bukola Saraki who has a case in court should not be the senate president.
But speaking on Sunrise Daily, a breakfast programme on Channels Television, Ndume faulted the action of the senate.
“We have all been accused, I have been accused of sponsoring Boko Haram, the senate president is still going to court,” Ndume said.
“Same as other members who have cases in court, yet they occupy seats in the senate. So, if you say because of the allegations he (Magu) should not be confirmed, then I should not be a sitting senator and Saraki should not be there as senate president.”
Who’s Fit to be EFCC Chairman?
More from my site
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017
- Reekado Banks to Hold his ” Thank You Concert ” at Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Organisers of Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 Unveils Activities for this Year Festival - November 15, 2017
- Meet Yvonne Nelson’s Baby Daddy, Who Is A British Photographer - November 15, 2017
- American Singer August Alsina Blasts his Record Label in Twitter Rant ” Tell My Trash Record Label Def Jam to Free Me ” - November 15, 2017
- 5 Points To Protect Your Website From Hackers - November 15, 2017
- Internet Went Frenzy as Wizkid Subtly Use Simi To Shade Davido - November 14, 2017