The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has barred nursing mothers, pregnant women and Post graduate students from partaking in the national service across the country.
NYSC DG, Brig-Gen. Johnson Olawumi, said the exemption of people in these categories from service was because they would not be able to undergo the four cardinal programmes of the NYSC, which is mobilisation, orientation, primary assignment and winding-up passing out parade.
Olawumi further says that it didn’t make sense that pregnant women and nursing mothers would be absent from these stages of the national service, only to resurface for posting to their various places of primary assignments. The NYSC also said that pregnant women and children would no longer be allowed into orientation camps across the country.
Credit: Linda Ikeji Blog
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017