The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has barred nursing mothers, pregnant women and Post graduate students from partaking in the national service across the country.
NYSC DG, Brig-Gen. Johnson Olawumi, said the exemption of people in these categories from service was because they would not be able to undergo the four cardinal programmes of the NYSC, which is mobilisation, orientation, primary assignment and winding-up passing out parade.
Olawumi further says that it didn’t make sense that pregnant women and nursing mothers would be absent from these stages of the national service, only to resurface for posting to their various places of primary assignments. The NYSC also said that pregnant women and children would no longer be allowed into orientation camps across the country.
Credit: Linda Ikeji Blog
More from my site
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017
- Breaking : President Buhari Suffers Speech Impairement In The UK - June 20, 2017
- American Celebrity Power Couple Jay-Z and Beyoncé Welcomes Twins — Taye & Kehinde, Born Ahead of Time - June 20, 2017
- Foreign & Nigerian Banks Take Over Etisalat Nigeria Due to $1.72 billion Debt - June 20, 2017
- Moving to APC or Not, Misiliu Obanikoro Denies Report of Joining APC - June 20, 2017
- From Messi to Ronaldo, Now Jose Mourinho Accused of Tax Fraud in Spain - June 20, 2017