The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has barred nursing mothers, pregnant women and Post graduate students from partaking in the national service across the country.
NYSC DG, Brig-Gen. Johnson Olawumi, said the exemption of people in these categories from service was because they would not be able to undergo the four cardinal programmes of the NYSC, which is mobilisation, orientation, primary assignment and winding-up passing out parade.
Olawumi further says that it didn’t make sense that pregnant women and nursing mothers would be absent from these stages of the national service, only to resurface for posting to their various places of primary assignments. The NYSC also said that pregnant women and children would no longer be allowed into orientation camps across the country.
Credit: Linda Ikeji Blog
More from my site
- Nigerian Rapper Falz Snag Juicy Endorsement Deal With Hennessy - October 22, 2017
- DonYom Reflects on the Memories of His Late Father! SuperMan is in Town - October 21, 2017
- Nigerian Hip-Hop Lovers Reacts to M.I Abaga’s New Track, Where He Channel Other Rappers on Changing the Game & Culture - October 21, 2017
- Nigeria’s RapLord M.I & Chocolate City Sues American Rap Legend Nas for Delivering Wack Verse Despite What they Agreement Upon - October 20, 2017
- Rap Mogul M.I Abaga Fires with Machine Gun, As He Schools Every Rappers About the Game & Culture in New Single ” You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives “ - October 20, 2017
- Ace Comedian AY Makun and His Brothers Continue to Entertain Us, As they Announces Reality Show - October 19, 2017
- Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Tops Forbes Richest Sport Star of 2017 + Complete List of 20 Richest Sport Star of 2017 by Forbes - October 18, 2017
- Former Super Eagles Legend Kanu and His Wife Amarachi Takes Us on Couple’s Perfect Fitness Goals In Powerful Photo - October 18, 2017
- Adorable Beautiful Pictures of Alaafin Of Oyo’s Youngest Wife and Son’s, As they All Oozing in Royalty - October 18, 2017
- GYOnlineNGList : Meet 10 Most Handsome Politicians In Nigeria - October 18, 2017