Monday Motivation: Is inspiring section for very individuals that want to aspire big thing in life. In this first edition, I will be sharing with you inspiring story of Kenyan actress, Lupita Nyong’o.
My motivations story is about a rise of tall, black, and beautiful Mexico born Kenyan actress and filmmaker, Lupita Nyong’o, who just a few years ago was a little-known actress in Kenya.
In this session am going to share with you short biography life story of Lupita Nyong’o.
Lupita Amondi Nyong’o is a Kenyan-Mexican actress and film director. She made her American film debut in Steve McQueen‘s ”12 Years a Slave” as Patsey, for which she received critical acclaim.
Lupita Amondi Nyong’o, was born in March 1, 1983, to Dorothy and Peter Anyang’ Nyong’o, a politician in Kenya. She second out six children and her father is former Kenyan Minister for Medical Services. Nyong’o attended college in the United States, and moved back to his native country Kenyan.
Lupita rose to slight fame in popular MTV Base TV movie ” Shuga” in 2009, Movie drama that explored sexual relationships withing youth in Nairobi, Kenya. She later wrote, directed, and produced the critically acclaimed documentary about the treatment of Kenya’s albino population in Kenya titled, In My Genes.
At a time when Nigeria’s Omotola Jolade and Genevieve Nnaji were battling for international recognition, the Kenyan actress made her Hollywood movie debut as Patsey in the Steve MacQueen directed movie about slavery in America, 12 Years A Slave. The movie soon turned a huge turning point for her.
Her outstanding performance in the movie has won her multiple awards including New Hollywood Award, Screen Actors Guild Awards, and also nominations at Golden Globes, BAFTA and the Academy Awards (Oscars).
The graduate of the Yale School of Drama’s stage credits include playing Perdita in The Winter’s Tale (Yale Repertory Theater), Sonya in Uncle Vanya, Katherine in The Taming of the Shrew, as well as being in the original production of Michael Mitnick’s Elijah.
Known for her short hair, which she has been wearing since she was 19 years old, Lupita, has been featured on the cover of several international celebrity magazines.
Lupita, who was born in 1983 in Mexico, is from the same ethnic group as President Barack Obama’s father. She is multilingual; speaks English, her native Luo, Spanish, Swahili and conversational Italian.
She will star next in an action thriller dubbed Non-Stop, scheduled for release on February 28, alongside Liam Neeson (Taken) and Emmy Award winner, Julianne Moore.
More from my site
- Nigerian Musician Davido Called Out for Failing to Honour a Promise he Made on Poor Journalist ” The Wire Transfer, Davido & His Namesake Saga ” - May 27, 2017
- D’Prince is Here! Kokomaster D’banj Welcomes Baby Boy - May 26, 2017
- Twelve Years After Dropping Out, Mark Zuckerberg Bags Harvard Honourary Degree ” Mom I Always Told You I’d Come Back and Get My Degree ” - May 26, 2017
- Report : D’banj Reportedly Expecting A Child With His Wife In US - May 26, 2017
- Kcee Fires Shot at Harrysong Song-Writing Claims ” When I won Star Quest in 2002, Harrysong was Still in the Village ” - May 26, 2017
- Wizkid Announces Summer Mixtape ” Sound of The Other Side ” Releases Date - May 24, 2017
- Has Wizkid Dances His Way to Billboard Awards, Can He Win His First Ever Solo BET Awards 2017 - May 24, 2017
- Highlights as Drake, Celine Dion, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj Shine at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 23, 2017
- #FreeAudu : Audu Maikori Sues Gov El Rufia for N10billion Over Human Rights Violation - May 22, 2017
- New Music : Download Terry Apala — Bad Girl Ft. Bisola - May 22, 2017