Monday Motivation: Is inspiring section for very individuals that want to aspire big thing in life. In this first edition, I will be sharing with you inspiring story of Kenyan actress, Lupita Nyong’o.
My motivations story is about a rise of tall, black, and beautiful Mexico born Kenyan actress and filmmaker, Lupita Nyong’o, who just a few years ago was a little-known actress in Kenya.
In this session am going to share with you short biography life story of Lupita Nyong’o.
Lupita Amondi Nyong’o is a Kenyan-Mexican actress and film director. She made her American film debut in Steve McQueen‘s ”12 Years a Slave” as Patsey, for which she received critical acclaim.
Lupita Amondi Nyong’o, was born in March 1, 1983, to Dorothy and Peter Anyang’ Nyong’o, a politician in Kenya. She second out six children and her father is former Kenyan Minister for Medical Services. Nyong’o attended college in the United States, and moved back to his native country Kenyan.
Lupita rose to slight fame in popular MTV Base TV movie ” Shuga” in 2009, Movie drama that explored sexual relationships withing youth in Nairobi, Kenya. She later wrote, directed, and produced the critically acclaimed documentary about the treatment of Kenya’s albino population in Kenya titled, In My Genes.
At a time when Nigeria’s Omotola Jolade and Genevieve Nnaji were battling for international recognition, the Kenyan actress made her Hollywood movie debut as Patsey in the Steve MacQueen directed movie about slavery in America, 12 Years A Slave. The movie soon turned a huge turning point for her.
Her outstanding performance in the movie has won her multiple awards including New Hollywood Award, Screen Actors Guild Awards, and also nominations at Golden Globes, BAFTA and the Academy Awards (Oscars).
The graduate of the Yale School of Drama’s stage credits include playing Perdita in The Winter’s Tale (Yale Repertory Theater), Sonya in Uncle Vanya, Katherine in The Taming of the Shrew, as well as being in the original production of Michael Mitnick’s Elijah.
Known for her short hair, which she has been wearing since she was 19 years old, Lupita, has been featured on the cover of several international celebrity magazines.
Lupita, who was born in 1983 in Mexico, is from the same ethnic group as President Barack Obama’s father. She is multilingual; speaks English, her native Luo, Spanish, Swahili and conversational Italian.
She will star next in an action thriller dubbed Non-Stop, scheduled for release on February 28, alongside Liam Neeson (Taken) and Emmy Award winner, Julianne Moore.
More from my site
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017
- Wizkid Takes Us On New Ride with Unreleased Video of ” Come Closer ” Without Drake - July 1, 2017
- American Rap God Jay-Z Drops 13th Studio Album “4:44”, Address Issues of Cheating on His Wife, Confirms that His Mother is Lesbian, Black Supremacy and Others - June 30, 2017