Monday Motivation: Is inspiring section for very individuals that want to aspire big thing in life. In this first edition, I will be sharing with you inspiring story of Kenyan actress, Lupita Nyong’o.
My motivations story is about a rise of tall, black, and beautiful Mexico born Kenyan actress and filmmaker, Lupita Nyong’o, who just a few years ago was a little-known actress in Kenya.
In this session am going to share with you short biography life story of Lupita Nyong’o.
Lupita Amondi Nyong’o is a Kenyan-Mexican actress and film director. She made her American film debut in Steve McQueen‘s ”12 Years a Slave” as Patsey, for which she received critical acclaim.
Lupita Amondi Nyong’o, was born in March 1, 1983, to Dorothy and Peter Anyang’ Nyong’o, a politician in Kenya. She second out six children and her father is former Kenyan Minister for Medical Services. Nyong’o attended college in the United States, and moved back to his native country Kenyan.
Lupita rose to slight fame in popular MTV Base TV movie ” Shuga” in 2009, Movie drama that explored sexual relationships withing youth in Nairobi, Kenya. She later wrote, directed, and produced the critically acclaimed documentary about the treatment of Kenya’s albino population in Kenya titled, In My Genes.
At a time when Nigeria’s Omotola Jolade and Genevieve Nnaji were battling for international recognition, the Kenyan actress made her Hollywood movie debut as Patsey in the Steve MacQueen directed movie about slavery in America, 12 Years A Slave. The movie soon turned a huge turning point for her.
Her outstanding performance in the movie has won her multiple awards including New Hollywood Award, Screen Actors Guild Awards, and also nominations at Golden Globes, BAFTA and the Academy Awards (Oscars).
The graduate of the Yale School of Drama’s stage credits include playing Perdita in The Winter’s Tale (Yale Repertory Theater), Sonya in Uncle Vanya, Katherine in The Taming of the Shrew, as well as being in the original production of Michael Mitnick’s Elijah.
Known for her short hair, which she has been wearing since she was 19 years old, Lupita, has been featured on the cover of several international celebrity magazines.
Lupita, who was born in 1983 in Mexico, is from the same ethnic group as President Barack Obama’s father. She is multilingual; speaks English, her native Luo, Spanish, Swahili and conversational Italian.
She will star next in an action thriller dubbed Non-Stop, scheduled for release on February 28, alongside Liam Neeson (Taken) and Emmy Award winner, Julianne Moore.
More from my site
- Founder of Bella Naija, Uche Pedro Takes Us On Memory Lane On Her Struggles Becoming A Mother - November 24, 2017
- GYOnlineNG Artist Spotlight : New Artist DonYom Cracks The Code As He Climbs To The Top - November 23, 2017
- Social Media: Nigerian Agency BHM Trains 70 Journalists In Lagos - November 23, 2017
- 7 Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Have Had Plastic Surgery - November 23, 2017
- How Juliet Ibrahim And Iceberg Slim Respond To Their Engagement Reports - November 23, 2017
- At 26, Rita Ora Has Already Frozen Her Eggs But Here’s Why - November 23, 2017
- More Win! Davido Headlines as Only African Artiste to Perform at 2017 MOBO Awards - November 23, 2017
- Wande Coal Reportedly Ties The Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Secretly - November 23, 2017
- Peter Okoye Reveals Main Reason Why He Decided To Go Solo - November 23, 2017
- COZA Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo Rock N465,920 Gucci Hoodie - November 23, 2017