With the outburst of technology in the 21st century, which has change the medium of selling music away from the traditional means of buying an album on roadside, shops and many more.
The evolution of technology has change the way people buy their favorite musicians in an electronics ways of downloading or streaming songs on their smartphones or PC through various digital merchandise music selling platform.
The rise of Mp3, Mp4 started in the early 2000’s and has giving music lovers opportunity to have their beloved musicians songs on their smartphones and PC , by buying it on various digital music platform such as Apple Music, iTunes, Amazon Music, Google Play, Pandora, Spotify, Dezeer, Rhaposdy, MTN Music Plus, Spinlet and many others.
But in this post am going share with you on how you’re going to upload and sell your music online via iTunes in Nigeria.
Before using iTunes for your music distribution money making platform, you need to know more about the platform.
Learn How to Upload and Sell Your Music on iTunes in Nigeria
What is iTunes?
iTunes is a media player, media library, online radio broadcaster, and mobile device management application developed by Apple Inc. It is used to play, download, and organize digital audio and video (as well as other types of media available on the iTunes Store) on personal computers running the OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems. The iTunes Store is also available on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Purpose of Using iTunes?
Having your music on iTunes are in two ways, you can chose iTunes to distribute to music to your local region Nigeria, but I will highly advise you to chose the worldwide distribution.
By choosing iTunes worldwide will make your music including albums, singles, and ringtones will be sent around the world to territories such as USA, Canada, UK, China, Russia, France and many others.
How does iTunes sell my music?
iTunes will help you sell your music via downloading or streaming through iTunes Radio. Having your music on iTunes will automatically be on iTunes Radio and it also possible for you to receive your streaming revenue through the iTunes Match service.
How much will iTunes charge for my music?
The default price for any songs under 10 minutes is $0.99, while their is default album price of $9.99.
- How much money will I make from iTunes sales?
per song per album
iTunes US & Canada $0.70 $7.00
iTunes UK £0.49 (GBP) £4.69 (GBP)
iTunes Australia $0.99 (AUD) $9.99 (AUD)
And you will get paid whenever your song played on iTunes Radio based on the advertising sharing ratio every month.
Requirement for having your music on iTunes?
- You need Apple ID
- Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later. However, PowerPC G4 and G5 are also supported.
- Universal Product Code (UPC) for all products you intend to distribute
- International Standard Recording Code (ISRC) for all tracks you intend to distribute
- A U.S. Tax ID
- A valid iTunes Store account, with a credit card on file
- More information on Apple official website.
2 Main Options to Sell Your Music On iTunes in Nigeria
— You can sell directly through iTunes : iTunes have its own independent distribution and also accept music from indies artist like you. You can get the complete information here, by following the step by step process.
It take a lot of time for them reach your request because they receives tons of requests from fellow indies artist like your around the word, and there is no guarantee you will be approved.
— Sell you music through iTunes third party aggregator or facilitators: TuneCore & CD Baby are leading and most trusted iTunes third party aggregator platform, they have reputation for distribution of independent artist music on iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Music, Spotify, Dezeer, Rhaposody, Tidal, and many others.
They serve as middle men between you and iTunes company, CD Baby for example can upload you music on iTunes within 72 hours with your official stage name, they sale your album for $35.00 and single for $9.00, while Tunecore cost $9.99 per single and $49.99 per album upload. In short both companies also handle all the logistics including getting the UPC code you need to sell your music through iTunes etc.
I highly recommend Tunecore for any body that want to sell their music in Nigeria on iTunes.
Thanks for reading…
Your can enjoy this helpful resource articles :
Drop comment below and also if your have any questing to ask..
More from my site
- DonYom Reflects on the Memories of His Late Father! SuperMan is in Town - October 21, 2017
- Nigerian Hip-Hop Lovers Reacts to M.I Abaga’s New Track, Where He Channel Other Rappers on Changing the Game & Culture - October 21, 2017
- Nigeria’s RapLord M.I & Chocolate City Sues American Rap Legend Nas for Delivering Wack Verse Despite What they Agreement Upon - October 20, 2017
- Rap Mogul M.I Abaga Fires with Machine Gun, As He Schools Every Rappers About the Game & Culture in New Single ” You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives “ - October 20, 2017
- Ace Comedian AY Makun and His Brothers Continue to Entertain Us, As they Announces Reality Show - October 19, 2017
- Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Tops Forbes Richest Sport Star of 2017 + Complete List of 20 Richest Sport Star of 2017 by Forbes - October 18, 2017
- Former Super Eagles Legend Kanu and His Wife Amarachi Takes Us on Couple’s Perfect Fitness Goals In Powerful Photo - October 18, 2017
- Adorable Beautiful Pictures of Alaafin Of Oyo’s Youngest Wife and Son’s, As they All Oozing in Royalty - October 18, 2017
- GYOnlineNGList : Meet 10 Most Handsome Politicians In Nigeria - October 18, 2017
- Nigerian Musicians Dominate MOBO Awards 2017 Nominees as Wizkid, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Tekno & Other Battle for ” Best African Act ” Category - October 17, 2017