The final outcome of U.K election indicates that seven candidates of Nigerian heritage have been elected into the United Kingdom parliament in the election that held on Thursday.
According to what GYOnlineNG.COM, gathers reported that most of them retained their constituencies, having secured victory in the 2015 general election.
At the time of written this report, there are excitement amongst the Nigerian living in the UK after seven newly elected members of the British Parliament turned out to be politicians with Nigerian heritage.
The victorious Nigerian heritage parliament winners are: Chuka Umunna representing Streatham; Bim Afolami, Hitchin and Harpenden; Fiona Onasanya, Peterborough; Chi Onwurah, Newcastle; Kate Osamor, Edmonton ; Kemi Badenoch, Saffron Walden and Helen Grant, Maidstone and The Weald.
Among the seven who have broken various forms of historical barriers, such as ethnic, religious and other forms of division to become members of the British Parliament include 49 years old Kate Ofunne Osamor, whose parents are Nigerians, as she was re-elected as Member of Parliament of Edmonton.
Chinyelu Susan “Chi” Onwurah, who has a Nigerian father, was re-elected as the MP representing Newcastle upon Tyne Central constituency while 39-year-old Chuka Umunna, a graduate of Law from the University of Manchester who has been representing Streatham constituency since 2010 was re-elected.
Another is Fiona Onasanya, a graduate of Law, who now represents Peterborough constituency while Bim Afolami, was elected MP representing Hitchin and Harpenden constituency on the platform of the Conservative Party.
Helen Grant, who made history in 2010 as the first black woman to be elected as MP on the ticket of the Conservative Party, won again this time to represent Maidstone and The Weald constituency while Olukemi Adegoke, Olufunto Badenoch, who describes herself on her website, as being born in Wimbledon and bred up in both Nigeria and the United States, is MP for Saffron Walden constituency.
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017