The CEO of Multichoice CEO, John Ugbe and Nollywood star Toyin Abraham (formerly known as Toyin Aimakhu) led a panel titled ” How Nollywood Is Reclaiming The Market from Hollywood ” at the just concluded annual Nigeria Entertainment Conference in Lagos.
The panel discussed the growth of Nigerian films that have seen more cinema goers buy more tickets for local movies over foreign ones.
Multichoice’s CEO John Ugbe traced his presentation to the historical era of cinema in Nigeria, how distribution and piracy remain some of Nollywood’s biggest challenges among other issues, while Nollywood star Toyin Abraham discuss the earlier issue that most industry, the advent of investors and believes, the power of social media of marketing, believers stories and many issues that the industry is facing.
Join the panel at NECLive5 is veteran film producer Patrick Doyle, Nollywood starlet Adesua Etomi among others. You can enjoy their presentation below:
More from my site
- NANA Menthol Supports The Youth Summit Africa, as Event Design to be Different in Terms of Content and Activities - June 26, 2017
- Wizzy Lion of Africa! Wizkid Wins First Solo BET Awards 2017 Ahead of Davido, AKA and Others - June 24, 2017
- E-Money and I Problem is that We ShowOff and We are Not Into Any Illegal Business — Kcee - June 24, 2017
- Davido Shines At ” 30 Billion ” World Tour In Ulkraine - June 24, 2017
- Dammy Krane’s Issue Is a Case of Implication — 2Baba - June 23, 2017
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017