We don’t see it coming but this is what ” Music ” is all about which is diversification.
Super talented music genius and award-wining producer Cobhams Asuquo enlists the services of one of hottest Nigerian Hip-Hop rapper Falz on a brand new single titled ” Boosit ”.
Against the backdrop of fuel queues, lack of electricity and the many predicaments that Nigerians often find themselves in, comes a brand new single by Cobhams Asuquo featuring Falz theBahdguy aptly titled, “Boosit.”
On the song, Cobhams takes on a comical yet gritty Ibadan impersonation to decry unjust treatment: “Don’t tell me boosit…I’m a human being, you can’t deceive me!” He teams up with Falz who deftly and pointedly drops line after line about family and societal injustices on the song’s thumping tick-tock beat.
When asked about the forceful stance and gritty message of the song, Cobhams says, “There’s a lot going on in Nigeria now. But because we love to be happy and dance and sing, sometimes some of these things don’t carry over into our music. But there’s much more to our lives than a nice beat or song. Artists hold the mic, which means we also have the power to address many of the key issues happening around us.”
Cobhams goes on to say, “We should stop being complicit, and hold our politicians, our pastors, our husbands and our wives accountable for the promises that they make. Let us be honorable because it’s the only way we can move forward.”
So while we enjoy our music and dancing, and may even laugh at Cobham’s Ibadan accent on this new track, he believes that if we must make music, let it have meaning because, “boosit is boosit!”
Download, Listen Live and Share.
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017