As way of fighting poverty in African soil, ONE agricultural initiative is out with another musical anthem titled ” Strong Girl” anthem that celebrates the power of girls and women to fight extreme poverty.
One of the ONE agricultural initiative brand ambassador Waje, is out with new musical collaboration that has united nine female artists such as Yemi Alade (Nigeria), Victoria Kimani (Kenya), Vanessa Mdee (Tanzania), Arielle T (Gabon), Gabriela (Mozambique), Selmor Mtukudzi (Zimbabwe) and Judith Sephuma (South Africa) as well as an exciting new talent from South Africa, 14-year old Blessing, from across Africa continent for an important cause that’s close to my heart.
I already knew that girls and women are hit hardest by extreme poverty, and given fewer opportunities to work their way out. But it shocked me to learn just how difficult life is for women in the poorest parts of the poorest countries.
What gives me hope is the fact that when girls and women are given the chance to reach their full potential, they lift their families, communities and even countries out of poverty faster.
Whilst we were all together writing and recording the song, we talked about what it means to be a strong girl or woman in Africa today. And we realised that for all women to unlock the power we all have inside us, we need the support of others – our mothers and fathers, husbands and friends, fellow citizens and African leaders.
This song is a rallying cry for you to put pressure on your leader to invest in girls and women in the poorest countries in 2015, the African Union Year of Women’s Empowerment. The petition reads:
Dear African leaders,
This year we can commit to ending extreme poverty – but we will only achieve this if we unlock the full potential of millions of girls and women. I’m counting on you to take the necessary action that leads to real change.
Download, Listen Live and share your thought.
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017