Nollywood actress Toyin Abraham, formally known as Toyin Aimakhu in recent interviewsaid for someone to be successful and great in life, you have to be willing mocked, hated and misunderstood.
The ” Alakada ” star actress made this claim in an exclusive interview with PUNCH’s Saturday Beats, and she further speaks on why she change her name from Toyin Aimakhu to Toyin Abraham, her desire man and many other.
On several controversies she’s been faced with in the course of her career:
I feel it is normal and comes with the territory of being an actress. Based on the fact that I am an actress, people will always tag me with something. It hurts when they say I was in a relationship with someone I never dated or when they write about things that I did not do and just put it out there. Sometimes I read such write-ups and begin to wonder if I ever did those things but what will I do?
To be great in life, you have to be willing to be mocked, hated and misunderstood. I don’t see criticism as anything and I am not bothered whenever I am being criticised by the public. I know that some people would love me and others would hate me, so I do not let that disturb me. Trust me, the criticism only makes me a better person, so when people say negative things about me, it makes me understand that I cannot be right every time. I thank God that I am now getting some things right.
She also disclosed the kind of man she wants to be with.
“I want a man who is tall, hardworking, and loves his job. I would want to be with a man who does not chase women and would not constantly request for money from me. If he needs my help, I can do it. I don’t want to be with a short man. My man has to be taller than I am,” she said.
On her weightloss and whether she did that to find a partner:
“Why would I change my look because of any man when I have my job, my career, and people who look up to me? I love my new look because it has helped my career a lot. Now I get more roles even in the English speaking industry and most of the movies are in the cinemas. Also my clothes fit me well. My stylist does not have to go extra mile to make my clothes,” she said.
On why she changed her name from Toyin Aimakhu to Toyin Abraham:
Abraham is my father’s name and it was a family decision. I cannot be talking about my family online, it is my life. My brother who is also a famous dancer bears the name, David Abraham. That shows that it is my father’s name. At first I thought about my brand before changing the name but eventually, I had to change it. I did not want to change it but my business manager asked me to do so. I know the decision confused some of my fans but with time, they would get used to it. I am Toyin Abraham now and I am building a new brand.
Photo Credit: Instagram – @toyin_abraham
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017