Nollywood actress Toyin Abraham, formally known as Toyin Aimakhu in recent interviewsaid for someone to be successful and great in life, you have to be willing mocked, hated and misunderstood.
The ” Alakada ” star actress made this claim in an exclusive interview with PUNCH’s Saturday Beats, and she further speaks on why she change her name from Toyin Aimakhu to Toyin Abraham, her desire man and many other.
On several controversies she’s been faced with in the course of her career:
I feel it is normal and comes with the territory of being an actress. Based on the fact that I am an actress, people will always tag me with something. It hurts when they say I was in a relationship with someone I never dated or when they write about things that I did not do and just put it out there. Sometimes I read such write-ups and begin to wonder if I ever did those things but what will I do?
To be great in life, you have to be willing to be mocked, hated and misunderstood. I don’t see criticism as anything and I am not bothered whenever I am being criticised by the public. I know that some people would love me and others would hate me, so I do not let that disturb me. Trust me, the criticism only makes me a better person, so when people say negative things about me, it makes me understand that I cannot be right every time. I thank God that I am now getting some things right.
She also disclosed the kind of man she wants to be with.
“I want a man who is tall, hardworking, and loves his job. I would want to be with a man who does not chase women and would not constantly request for money from me. If he needs my help, I can do it. I don’t want to be with a short man. My man has to be taller than I am,” she said.
On her weightloss and whether she did that to find a partner:
“Why would I change my look because of any man when I have my job, my career, and people who look up to me? I love my new look because it has helped my career a lot. Now I get more roles even in the English speaking industry and most of the movies are in the cinemas. Also my clothes fit me well. My stylist does not have to go extra mile to make my clothes,” she said.
On why she changed her name from Toyin Aimakhu to Toyin Abraham:
Abraham is my father’s name and it was a family decision. I cannot be talking about my family online, it is my life. My brother who is also a famous dancer bears the name, David Abraham. That shows that it is my father’s name. At first I thought about my brand before changing the name but eventually, I had to change it. I did not want to change it but my business manager asked me to do so. I know the decision confused some of my fans but with time, they would get used to it. I am Toyin Abraham now and I am building a new brand.
Photo Credit: Instagram – @toyin_abraham
More from my site
- Wizzy Lion of Africa! Wizkid Wins First Solo BET Awards 2017 Ahead of Davido, AKA and Others - June 24, 2017
- E-Money and I Problem is that We ShowOff and We are Not Into Any Illegal Business — Kcee - June 24, 2017
- Davido Shines At ” 30 Billion ” World Tour In Ulkraine - June 24, 2017
- Dammy Krane’s Issue Is a Case of Implication — 2Baba - June 23, 2017
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017
- Breaking : President Buhari Suffers Speech Impairement In The UK - June 20, 2017