The whole world knows how Michelle Obama steal the heart of immediate past American President, Barrack Obama but there is one woman who rejected Barrack marriage proposal twice.
Before Obama meet Michelle, there was Sheila Miyoshi Jager who rejected him twice, according to a new biography. David Garrow, author of the new book, “Rising Star: The Making of Barack Obama,” says Obama met Jager in the mid-’80s when he was doing community organising in Chicago.
Jager, of Dutch and Japanese ancestry, told Garrow that Obama had always had a strong belief he’d someday become President of the United States. She also told the author Obama had “a deep-seated need to be loved and admired.”
Garrow says Obama’s presidential ambitions became the highlight of their relationship, causing a conflict because he worried a non-African-American spouse would do him political damage.
Garrow says Barack “felt trapped between the woman he loved and the destiny he knew was his.”
In 1988, Obama proceeded to Harvard Law School and the relationship was still ongoing.
Jager says Obama again asked her to marry him before he left, but she was off on a research trip to Seoul and rejected his proposal.
Meet Sheila Miyoshi Jager, the Woman Who Rejected Barack Obama’s Marriage Proposal Twice
During his first year in law school, Obama fell for Michelle but, according to Garrow, he was still occasionally seeing Jager.
Jager is currently a professor of East Asian Studies at Oberlin College. Her book, “Iraqi Security Forces and Lessons from Korea” was on Osama bin Laden’s bookshelf in the compound where Seal Team Six killed him.
Photo Credit: Google Images
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017