The whole world knows how Michelle Obama steal the heart of immediate past American President, Barrack Obama but there is one woman who rejected Barrack marriage proposal twice.
Before Obama meet Michelle, there was Sheila Miyoshi Jager who rejected him twice, according to a new biography. David Garrow, author of the new book, “Rising Star: The Making of Barack Obama,” says Obama met Jager in the mid-’80s when he was doing community organising in Chicago.
Jager, of Dutch and Japanese ancestry, told Garrow that Obama had always had a strong belief he’d someday become President of the United States. She also told the author Obama had “a deep-seated need to be loved and admired.”
Garrow says Obama’s presidential ambitions became the highlight of their relationship, causing a conflict because he worried a non-African-American spouse would do him political damage.
Garrow says Barack “felt trapped between the woman he loved and the destiny he knew was his.”
In 1988, Obama proceeded to Harvard Law School and the relationship was still ongoing.
Jager says Obama again asked her to marry him before he left, but she was off on a research trip to Seoul and rejected his proposal.
Meet Sheila Miyoshi Jager, the Woman Who Rejected Barack Obama’s Marriage Proposal Twice
During his first year in law school, Obama fell for Michelle but, according to Garrow, he was still occasionally seeing Jager.
Jager is currently a professor of East Asian Studies at Oberlin College. Her book, “Iraqi Security Forces and Lessons from Korea” was on Osama bin Laden’s bookshelf in the compound where Seal Team Six killed him.
Photo Credit: Google Images
More from my site
- Wizzy Lion of Africa! Wizkid Wins First Solo BET Awards 2017 Ahead of Davido, AKA and Others - June 24, 2017
- E-Money and I Problem is that We ShowOff and We are Not Into Any Illegal Business — Kcee - June 24, 2017
- Davido Shines At ” 30 Billion ” World Tour In Ulkraine - June 24, 2017
- Dammy Krane’s Issue Is a Case of Implication — 2Baba - June 23, 2017
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017
- Breaking : President Buhari Suffers Speech Impairement In The UK - June 20, 2017