In the last few days, Depression stories has gone viral to the extend that thousands of individuals come out to share their own stories of battling with Depression.
American swimmer and the greatest Olympian of all time, Michael Phelps open ups on how he battle with depression, saying their were times after he came back home with Olympic glory that he felt depressed.
Phelps along with 8-time Olympic Swimming medalist, Allison Schmitt on Thursday opened up before a live audience in Washington D.C. opened up on depression for the National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day.
For me getting to an all-time low where I didn’t want to be alive anymore, that’s scary as hell,” he said, according to the paper. “Thinking about taking your own life, I remember sitting in my room for four or five days not wanting to be alive, not talking to anybody. That was a struggle for me … For me, I reached that point where I finally realized I couldn’t do it alone.
I want people to understand that there are times that you are going to have to reach out.
Schmitt also explains how she battled with depression for years and her endless therapy sessions:
Mental illness is something you deal with every day, just because you go to a psychologist, just because you’re feeling better one day doesn’t mean it’s gone; doesn’t mean you’re healed. It’s something you have and you live with the rest of your life. Learning ways to cope with it, learning ways to live with it is what we do.
Photo Credit: Instagram – @m_phelps00
More from my site
- Founder of Bella Naija, Uche Pedro Takes Us On Memory Lane On Her Struggles Becoming A Mother - November 24, 2017
- GYOnlineNG Artist Spotlight : New Artist DonYom Cracks The Code As He Climbs To The Top - November 23, 2017
- Social Media: Nigerian Agency BHM Trains 70 Journalists In Lagos - November 23, 2017
- 7 Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Have Had Plastic Surgery - November 23, 2017
- How Juliet Ibrahim And Iceberg Slim Respond To Their Engagement Reports - November 23, 2017
- At 26, Rita Ora Has Already Frozen Her Eggs But Here’s Why - November 23, 2017
- More Win! Davido Headlines as Only African Artiste to Perform at 2017 MOBO Awards - November 23, 2017
- Wande Coal Reportedly Ties The Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Secretly - November 23, 2017
- Peter Okoye Reveals Main Reason Why He Decided To Go Solo - November 23, 2017
- COZA Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo Rock N465,920 Gucci Hoodie - November 23, 2017