On July 22, 2016, business mogul and owner of Upfront and Personal, a booking agency in Nigeria, Paul Okoye shut down the Barclay Center in New York with his One Africa Music Fest concert, which was regarded as a historical avenue of promoting and also putting African music on the global map.
The music concert was regarded as biggest music concert from African continent to the world with electrifying performances biggest music stars from African continent such as Wizkid, Davido, Don Jazzy, Praiz, Flavour, Tiwa Savage, Banky W, Timaya, Seun Kuti, Diamond and Nigerian born American singer Jidenna.
According to report, says that One Africa Music Fest, which have the gathering of about 15,000 African diasporans from all over the United States in New York, gulped about one billion naira in revenue.
The One Africa Music Fest was put together by Nigerian based company Upfront and Personal, an agency that serves as an intermediary helping to broker endorsement deals for many artists in Nigeria’s music business. Contrary to the success of the first event in New York, the second edition is coming down to Houston and its will be headliners by biggest and legend in Africa music continent such D’banj, 2Baba, P-Square and others.
The Africans legends for the One Africa Music Fest in Houston will hold on 22nd next month, which was regarded as a huge disrespect to the African community in States, stakeholders, show promoters who are working hard everyday of put afrobeat into the mainstream of American music.
The Houston version of African legends will give fans headache on which show they should by tickets for between AFRIMA, MTV MAMA in South Africa and One Africa Music Fest.
Here are issues Paul Okoye and his team have set for them of Choosing a Date that Conflicts with MTV MAMA and AFRIMMA Awards?
(1) The AFRIMA Music Awards as already scheduled months ago and has been marketed since the beginning of the year. But the Houston event, will be holding on five days after AFRIMMA in the same market, which is not good idea in the hand of organiser and a disrespectful decision to all industry stakeholders and the eco-system at large.
In fact, it’s not a good decision by organizer putting the brains of fans at work on choosing which ticket to buy or not, in a situation of choosing AFRIMA or watching Africans legends.
(2) Another interesting saga is that One Africa Music Fest in Houston, is happening same day ( I mean October 22nd, 2016) with MTV MAMA in south Africa, which is by far biggest brand in African continent. This means that fans are forced to choose watch the Africans legends or MTV? In another perspective artistes that are nominated for the event having to pick one event to perform or attend?
After the success of the first edition Paul Okoye’s and his team don’t need to pull any stunt in other to score point of promoting the African music in the global market or could I say they lack clear vision and strategy for this second edition.
More from my site
- 5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs A Blog : How to Create Your Blog or Site in 5 Minutes with WordPress - November 21, 2017
- Bluehost Black Friday 2017 Live : Special BlueHost Black Friday Coupons 80% OFF - November 21, 2017
- All What You Need to Know About Mother of Wizkid’s Third Child - November 20, 2017
- Dancehall Singer Burna Boy Invites by Police for Having Hand in Mr.2kay’s Robbery Attack at Eko Hotel - November 20, 2017
- Nigerian Pop Star Wizkid Welcomes Third Child in Six Years - November 20, 2017
- Tiwa Savage Did Not Owns ” Malo ” Song, But You? - November 20, 2017
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017