They known him for his signature dandy fashion style which fuses African and European influences, “Classic Man” Nigeria-American singer & music producer Jidenna is basking in the successful release of his refreshing debut album ” The Chief “, which has been overwhelmingly positively received.
After horrible disappointing outing at the just concluded One Africa Music Fest in London over the weekend, Nigerian-American singer Wondarland Records act Jidenna has finally speaks out on the incident.
The ” Little Bit More ” singer had a chat with Factory78 TV in London, starting off the interview by praising Paul Okoye (CEO of Upfront and Personal Global Management Consultants, organisers of the music festival) saying the whole concept of the event was trying to promote Africa and African music to the world.
“Every other continent is laughing at us,” Jidenna says on Nigerians and Africans still embracing “African time” fail to respect timeliness, and says he is still expecting an apology from the organisers.
The interviewer Kalish J Factory78TV, further read off some comments on social media reactions to Jidenna’s plight for Africans to be more time conscious.
Jidenna however expressed optimism and pride for the reception and support African music is getting as seen by the turn out at the One Africa Music Fest.
The Nigerian rapper Jidenna further speaks on how Africans should be sharp and more professional in their dealings of the business side of music.
“We just have to continue to develop our professionalism, I think we are doing a great job I think we can do greater, just be sharp” the ‘Bambi’ rapper concludes.
The ” Classic Man ” further talks on the recently Forbes’ Top 10 Most Bankable African artists, Jidenna saying he is proud of himself and everybody on the list.
“It’s just exciting that this is happening on the continent and in the large part the Afrobeat movement happened because we began to invest in our own artists’’ he remarks.
Jidenna who recently released ” The Chief ” album further adds that what he is now looking forward to in the future is diversifying the music across the African continent apart from Nigerian music.
He further speak on his plans for the rest of the year, saying he’ll be going on tours across North America, Africa and Europe.
More from my site
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017
- Reekado Banks to Hold his ” Thank You Concert ” at Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Organisers of Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 Unveils Activities for this Year Festival - November 15, 2017
- Meet Yvonne Nelson’s Baby Daddy, Who Is A British Photographer - November 15, 2017
- American Singer August Alsina Blasts his Record Label in Twitter Rant ” Tell My Trash Record Label Def Jam to Free Me ” - November 15, 2017
- 5 Points To Protect Your Website From Hackers - November 15, 2017
- Internet Went Frenzy as Wizkid Subtly Use Simi To Shade Davido - November 14, 2017