They known him for his signature dandy fashion style which fuses African and European influences, “Classic Man” Nigeria-American singer & music producer Jidenna is basking in the successful release of his refreshing debut album ” The Chief “, which has been overwhelmingly positively received.
After horrible disappointing outing at the just concluded One Africa Music Fest in London over the weekend, Nigerian-American singer Wondarland Records act Jidenna has finally speaks out on the incident.
The ” Little Bit More ” singer had a chat with Factory78 TV in London, starting off the interview by praising Paul Okoye (CEO of Upfront and Personal Global Management Consultants, organisers of the music festival) saying the whole concept of the event was trying to promote Africa and African music to the world.
“Every other continent is laughing at us,” Jidenna says on Nigerians and Africans still embracing “African time” fail to respect timeliness, and says he is still expecting an apology from the organisers.
The interviewer Kalish J Factory78TV, further read off some comments on social media reactions to Jidenna’s plight for Africans to be more time conscious.
Jidenna however expressed optimism and pride for the reception and support African music is getting as seen by the turn out at the One Africa Music Fest.
The Nigerian rapper Jidenna further speaks on how Africans should be sharp and more professional in their dealings of the business side of music.
“We just have to continue to develop our professionalism, I think we are doing a great job I think we can do greater, just be sharp” the ‘Bambi’ rapper concludes.
The ” Classic Man ” further talks on the recently Forbes’ Top 10 Most Bankable African artists, Jidenna saying he is proud of himself and everybody on the list.
“It’s just exciting that this is happening on the continent and in the large part the Afrobeat movement happened because we began to invest in our own artists’’ he remarks.
Jidenna who recently released ” The Chief ” album further adds that what he is now looking forward to in the future is diversifying the music across the African continent apart from Nigerian music.
He further speak on his plans for the rest of the year, saying he’ll be going on tours across North America, Africa and Europe.
More from my site
- D’Prince is Here! Kokomaster D’banj Welcomes Baby Boy - May 26, 2017
- Twelve Years After Dropping Out, Mark Zuckerberg Bags Harvard Honourary Degree ” Mom I Always Told You I’d Come Back and Get My Degree ” - May 26, 2017
- Report : D’banj Reportedly Expecting A Child With His Wife In US - May 26, 2017
- Kcee Fires Shot at Harrysong Song-Writing Claims ” When I won Star Quest in 2002, Harrysong was Still in the Village ” - May 26, 2017
- Wizkid Announces Summer Mixtape ” Sound of The Other Side ” Releases Date - May 24, 2017
- Has Wizkid Dances His Way to Billboard Awards, Can He Win His First Ever Solo BET Awards 2017 - May 24, 2017
- Highlights as Drake, Celine Dion, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj Shine at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 23, 2017
- #FreeAudu : Audu Maikori Sues Gov El Rufia for N10billion Over Human Rights Violation - May 22, 2017
- New Music : Download Terry Apala — Bad Girl Ft. Bisola - May 22, 2017
- Drake Sweep Billboard Music Awards 2017 as Beyonce,, Twenty One Pilots, The Chainsmokers and Others Wins Big + Complete List of Winners at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 22, 2017