What is the Most Populated city in Africa? If you love the atmosphere of a rapidly growing city with its vibes and buzz, start packing your suitcases! But first, find out the destination and 10 interesting facts about it! According to world population index, Africa is the second most populated continent in the world.
Its countries are characterized as the developing areas, the number of inhabitants in which continuously increases and expands.
The progress in the industrial large cities attracts thousands of people, who wish to get rid of poverty. This process makes them move and form the demand within consumer relations. Such urban areas are the engine of every big country on the continent.
What’s the Most Populated City in Africa in 2018?
Population density is the factor, which stimulates changes and further reforms within both levels economic and social. Population density is defined as an average number of people, living in each segment of a specific area (such as square mile).
The highest population in Africa is in Nigeria with almost 196 million people. The city of Lagos is the most populated city in entire Africa.
Here Are Top 5 Most Populated Cities in Africa
- Lagos, Nigeria (15,457,735)
- Kinshasa, Dr Congo (11,855,000)
- Cairo, Egypt (8,777,928)
- Alexandria, Egypt (5,096,187)
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast (4,395,243)
Lagos is a lively city with an abundance of natural beauty, wealth, modern comfort and glamour. It is so dynamic that one could hardly stop exciting something new each minute: Plenty of entertainment facilities are offered to you round the clock! Lagos is the city of opportunities, but you should remember that the doors do not open if you got no plan: to become rich you have to work a lot harder!
Lagos is the heart of Nigeria’s economy, set along the Atlantic Ocean. The economic growth of Lagos is defined not by oil (as it happens in other states), but thanks to such factors as:
- catering services
- transportation facilities
- the work of retail sectors
10 Things Facts You Didn’t Know About Lagos!
Aside from being the most populated city on the continent, Lagos also is:
- The birthplace of music styles. Lagos is famous for its diverse culture and vibrant nightlife.
- The place of residence of millionaires. Lagos takes the third place in the ranking of the number of individuals, whose income exceeds $30 million.
- One of “The world’s 10 most populated cities”. In world rating, Lagos takes the 4th place due to the increased population density. It is formed mostly by annual fertility and migration.
- “As busy as a bee”. Lagos boasts of housing one of the busiest ports on the continent.
- “The melting pot” of black culture. Many African cultures are concentrated in Lagos. It is also an important place for black cultural identity, reflected through such festivals like Promote African culture, Festac Food Fair, Lagos Black Heritage Carnival, etc.
- Lagos is the smallest state with the largest population in Nigeria.
- The city is Nigeria’s most cosmopolitan city. It was the capital of Nigeria by December 12, 1991.
- It is the only state with yellow taxi cabs and buses.
- Lagos is the centre of the Nigerian Movie Industry.
- It is the place of a regular canopy walk in Africa. Lagos also provides the best nightlife entertainment.