Outspoken and controversial former New Media Aides to former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Reno Omokri has called on President Buhari to assume the role of a ceremonial President.
Nigeria’s president Buhari returned to the country, after spending 49 days in London for medical vacation trip for his health status. His absent from the country has seen the acting-president Yemi Osinbajo moves the country from the slumber of recession it find herself in early this year to favorable stage it’s today.
According to report by Daily Post, which reported that Reno Omokri said that the President Buhari should assume the ceremonial role and let Osinbajo go on with the business of managing the Nation’s affairs.
He further says that the arrangement will allow the Vice President consolidate on the progress he made while Buhari was away.
According to him,:
“Perhaps there is a solution that can benefit Nigeria with President Muhammadu Buhari’s return which will also preserve the good work Acting-President Professor Yemi Osinbajomi has been doing and also give the President room to ‘rest’.
“Why can’t we consider a return to our pre 1966 governance mode where, like Nnamdi Azikiwe, President Buhari will be the ceremonial President and like Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Acting President Osinbajo would preside over day to day management and leadership of the economy and country, leaving only the armed forces and foreign relations to the real President (Buhari)?
“Without being mischievous, I think this will guarantee the sustenance of the economic progress we have witnessed under Osinbajo and give President Buhari room to ‘rest’.”
The president left the country on January 19th for vacation trip in London, and returned back to the country on March 10th 2017.
More from my site
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017
- Breaking : President Buhari Suffers Speech Impairement In The UK - June 20, 2017
- American Celebrity Power Couple Jay-Z and Beyoncé Welcomes Twins — Taye & Kehinde, Born Ahead of Time - June 20, 2017
- Foreign & Nigerian Banks Take Over Etisalat Nigeria Due to $1.72 billion Debt - June 20, 2017
- Moving to APC or Not, Misiliu Obanikoro Denies Report of Joining APC - June 20, 2017
- From Messi to Ronaldo, Now Jose Mourinho Accused of Tax Fraud in Spain - June 20, 2017