Outspoken and controversial former New Media Aides to former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Reno Omokri has called on President Buhari to assume the role of a ceremonial President.
Nigeria’s president Buhari returned to the country, after spending 49 days in London for medical vacation trip for his health status. His absent from the country has seen the acting-president Yemi Osinbajo moves the country from the slumber of recession it find herself in early this year to favorable stage it’s today.
According to report by Daily Post, which reported that Reno Omokri said that the President Buhari should assume the ceremonial role and let Osinbajo go on with the business of managing the Nation’s affairs.
He further says that the arrangement will allow the Vice President consolidate on the progress he made while Buhari was away.
According to him,:
“Perhaps there is a solution that can benefit Nigeria with President Muhammadu Buhari’s return which will also preserve the good work Acting-President Professor Yemi Osinbajomi has been doing and also give the President room to ‘rest’.
“Why can’t we consider a return to our pre 1966 governance mode where, like Nnamdi Azikiwe, President Buhari will be the ceremonial President and like Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Acting President Osinbajo would preside over day to day management and leadership of the economy and country, leaving only the armed forces and foreign relations to the real President (Buhari)?
“Without being mischievous, I think this will guarantee the sustenance of the economic progress we have witnessed under Osinbajo and give President Buhari room to ‘rest’.”
The president left the country on January 19th for vacation trip in London, and returned back to the country on March 10th 2017.
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017